Potential Partner

Chapter 15

"Eh?" He is so shocked he almost slam the tea cup on the table.

I look at him puzzled.
"Why?"

"Isnt he...ah,your common enemy?" He ask.

"Hm? I dont know what you meant.But Esmerald's father ask Clarence to be her escort.Being a close aide to the Prince,naturally,Clarence and his escort will sit beside him."

"So it seems.I see.So its not that she is still pursuing the Prince." He nod and took the tea cup.

"I wonder if feelings can easily disappear." I said."I observe her suppress her feelings but she still has a longing gaze for the prince."
I felt sad for her.
Her feelings will never going to bloomed.

"I didnt saw Lady Esmerald but Ive been watching the Prince.He.....is staring at you intently.If I havent spoken,he might have spoken instead."

"Him? I just want him to stay away.Nothing good will happen if he interfers."

I look up and see the immeasurable joy in Thompson's eyes.
"Will you consider me as a betrothal candidate?"

Eh?

"Wait..Huh?"

"I know,Im a second son and no way of inheriting our family's business but do not underestimate me.You might not know but I already owned my own businesses.And I have been expanding."

"W-wait!"

"I like you."
Thompson hold my hands and stare at my eyes.

What?!!
My heart is throbbing and I cant look away.

Ehem!
Only then did Thompson release me and we both look at Kaorin's frowning face.

"S-since when?! since when are you there?!" I panick.

Kaorin ignore me and walk to us.He grabs Thompson hands.

"My sister interests,you should talk that to us first." He said angrily.

"I-Im sorry I got carried away.I will formally ask her hand to the Duke tomorrow." Instead of getting angry,Thompson smile brightly.

I am already ashamed and my face is already burning in sensation.
I never thought someone will ever ask me like this.Overwhelm by the sensation I look down.

"I have to leave for today.Expect me tomorrow and by the way,here.Happy birthday,my sweet Margarite."

Eh?!
Super shameless!
As I receive the blue wrapped box I am totally aware how my face is burning.
I cant even speak up and just nod.

"Then,I will escort you out." Kaorin says and they both left.

My face is resting in the table.I can feel the cool sensation and the burning feeling is easing up.

"You've just met him few times.Can that guy be trusted?" Kaorin walks to my side and sit down unannounce.
I lazily sit up.

"Why are you talking to me?"

"Happy birthday." He said and give me a small rectangular red box.

"Are you really Kaorin?I wont be easily fooled." I said and look at the box warily.

"This is just something I pick up while strolling in town."

"Thank you for doing the honor of wrappping it then." I said wryly.

"I have to go now.Good night."

"Hmm."

"And I also saw what happened in the party.You are really unlucky to be followed by trouble."

"Shut up."

"And one more thing."

He is already so far and he just wont shut up.I look at him.

"I might not like you---"

"Geez you never---"

"But I think I never really hated you." And he walks away.

"Wha--"
I am flushed with an emotion I wanted to bury deep inside.
"Do not make me hope again..Do not make me dream..." I weakly hug the gift he gave.

A/N:

Oww.
Ahahaha.