Chapter 19 The self help letter.

Chapter 19

The self help letter.

"I was your son in my past life?"  Abbie asked not feeling  shocked. It was as if something inside her knew it were true.

"You better come with me. There's more to show and tell."

Said miss Finn and led Abbie upstairs towards the attic. 

"I don't understand?" Abbie said as Miss Finn opened the Attic trapdoor and pulled down the ladder.

"Even if your son was me in a past live. How could he have known what happened to me in the future."

"Well as my son's cancer spread effecting  his brain.  We thought he was hallucinating "

She explained to Abbie.

"-He told us that a beautiful druidess  visited him. Told him all that was going to happened in his next life."

"-he even told us she said that in one of his distant past life's.  He was once a Druid."

She answered and climbed up the ladder.

"And of course, so were you."

Abbie followed her up.

She liked the idea of been a Druid.  

Didn't like the idea of been a boy or worse a man.

Then a thought sent shivers down her back. 

A Druid. 

Could she have been Catbad???

Miss Finn found the light switch and turned it on as Abbie climbed up into the attic.

Abbie could see a dusty wheelchair beside a large object covered in a dust sheet.

"This is the first thing I must show you."

Miss Finn handed her an envelope with two words written on the outside.

                        TO ME.

"My son told me to give you this when we got into the attic."  She told her.

"And now this is the second thing  I must show you." 

She walked over past the wheelchair.  To the large object covered in a dust sheet.

She pulled the sheet off and a cloud of dust surrounded the object.

As it cleared.

The object was revealed.

It was the big round mirror.

Catbads true mirror.

"Better open your letter now."  Miss Finn advised.

Abbie opened the envelope and began reading the letter out.

Hi me.

How's the biscuits.  Great right . Can 't believe I have come back as a girl. That never happened to Doctor Who.  So far any way. 

I so want to see Star Wars attack of the clones. But mum says I'm not well enough.  Hope they bring back Han Solo as a kid. The films need him. 

There is so much I will never see and experience , but I do know one thing and that is you are every special.

The Druids are afraid of you.

A lot you have to discover for yourself. But know this, you are not just reincarnated from a Druid.

But in the future.  You Abbie will become a Druid . 

You will change everything.

That scares the high Druids.

They will try to stop you.  

Even kill you.

I know this because you told me.

In your future you will become the druidess who visited me .

You will tell me everything that has happened to you and also you will give me the magic mirror so it can help you now.

As a woman I must admit our future self looked hot:-)

It was her. I mean you. I mean- both of you- that made me swear not to tell you anything about your future . 

I guess they figure its cheating.

They believe you have to find your own path in this life. Funny how people say that after they interfere with your life.

Anyway.

So I can't warn you about what happens next (pity)..

That's way I drew those pictures on our bedroom wall (I can't tell your future.  No one said about showing).

There is a clue left for you  in the death of cu Culainn.  Think.  You will figure it out.

Enjoy all those future adventures.  I envy you I mean.. me...whatever. God I even sound like a girl... :-(

Tell mum I love her and soon the emptiness she felt with my going will be filled.

Sean Finn aka you.

I'll see you in the future.

P.S.  We are not reincarnated from Catbad.

P.P.S Take my wheelchair.

Abbie looked up from the letter. Miss Finn looked upset.

"Stupid boy! I have done all that I promised that silly dreamer of a boy.   But it ends now!" Miss finn cried out.

"The emptiness.  Every day. Every moment,  since he has gone can never be filled."

She looked at Abbie.

"Not even by you. You may share the same soul but his life ended and that life I will always miss and can never have back.."

She wiped tears from her eyes and flung the dust cover back onto the mirror.

"Its over. You can't go back!"

She roared crying.

"My son is gone. Cu Culainn dies and all the want in the world cannot change the past!"

She grabbed Abbie by the shoulders.  

"Go home now Abbie."  She told her.

"Your parents and sisters are worried sick.  That's where your life belongs. Cu Culainn and my son are dead they have had their lives.  Their day.  Now you must have yours.  The dead have no right telling you what to do.  Never forget your  adventure. Never forget them.   But its over.  Now go home your mum is waiting.  Hug her like there's no tomorrow."

She smiled and kissed the top of Abbie's head. 

Then they  heard a loud bang down the stairs.

Both stirred at the attic trap door.

The sounds of people rushing downstairs filled the attic.

"Stay here."  Ordered Miss Finn. 

She walked slowly to the trapdoor  trying not to make a sound.  Carefully she peered down. Someone was walking to the ladder.

She watched a child stop at the bottom of the ladder and look up.

It was Abbie. 

"Sorry miss Finn.  I just had to go." 

Miss Finn turned to where she left Abbie only to find she was gone.  

So was the wheelchair and the dust sheet was off the mirror lying on the floor.

---------------------------------------

Next update Sunday

Chapter 20.  Catbads Tower.