Novella. The right honourable Edmond Catgood Spencer.

The right honourable Edmond Catgood Spencer.

part 1.

London.

The year of our lord 1888.

Despite the chill in the night air, he once more set out to do Gods work.

This foul gloom fog swirling thickly around all London will not deter him nor will the sinners hiding in its misty world.

The right honourable Edmond Catgood Spencer firmly holds that all god fearing English gentlemen are duty bound to obey the Lord their god and spread his word.

Even to those ignorant sinners that fester well below his and all fellow decent english christian men's station.

All must learn to fear god.

For a loving god forgives all sin, but a fearful god stops all sin.

Fear of his wraith keeps all in their proper place.

This sentiment his father instilled in him from the time he was a boy.

By god could his father put the lord's fear in all his congregation.

His fathers sermons use to fill their small Newham church to its brim.

Family's would travel many a mile just to bear wittiness to his glorious fire and brimstone homilies.

That he used to cast down with great temper on all from his pulpit.

While dominating above his fathers alter, hung a true size Jesus suspended in agony on the cross.

Those sermons and that Jesus guaranteed to place the fear of The Lord into all hearts present.

No one leaving that church would dare cross his fathers vengeful god.

All became grateful for their class in life and excepting gods will cannot be undone.

His father was a firm but honourable Church of England reverend.

It broke Edmonds heart that he was such a disappointment for such a righteous Chaplin.

Alas as his father often remarked his son had to much of his irish mother in him.

Edmond often cursed his mothers failings which he had inherited.

The soft looks that banished all sense of authority from society.

So unlike his father who with one glare all would yield to his will.

Also he received her cursed devils red hair.

A most unwanted gift that marked him all his life for numinous jibes from his fellow peers.

As if this was not enough he also got her soft low voice. Thus ending all ambition to follow in his fathers preaching footsteps.

But there was one thing that he inherited from his father.

That was a strong calling from god.

Indeed he felt his calling was stronger than his fathers.

For not only has he to bring the word of god his father to all, but he also has to bring the word of his father the god.

For in truth it was difficult to separate the two.

Edmond knew every syllable spoken by his father came from 'the word' our god.

The two were one and must be obeyed.