Chapter 15 Jesus Mary and John...

Chapter 15

Jesus, Mary and John...

"Your John?" Abbie asked in disbelieve.

"That's what my mom named me." He answered.

"John the apostle?" Abbie asked stunned.

"That's me. " He smiled.

"Feck off!" Abbie cried and instantly wished she could take it back.

"oh sorry- I'm not gonna be struck down or something-" .

"I'm not sure what 'feck off' means."

The old man said. "But I'm just going to stand back in case you are struck down!"

He stood back.

Waited.

Nothing happened.

"Looks like your safe this time." He said looking up at the hole in the cave roof.

Then he smiled.

Abbie didn't smile back.

"I don't get it. If your One of the apostles. Why didn't you ask him to save all those people?" Abbie asked she couldn't hide the anger in her voice.

"I did you heard me."

He answered. "I was praying to him for help. But I guess there are some things in life that cannot be changed."

"You guess?" Abbie asked.

"I just don't know what gods reasons are." He replied.

"But I have faith he wants the best for us!" He said moving to the window and looking up.

"But all those people-" Abbie shuttered thinking about it.

"I know. Having to decide who lives and dies in this world makes me grateful that I am not god."

"You are right to be angry with god."

He said sitting down beside her.

"You know. When Jesus was been crucified I was so angry."

"You were?" Abbie asked.

"Fuming. Jesus and I grew up together. He was my cousin. More like another big brother. " He said and pulled out a red cloth from his pocket.

"As children he once saved me when I got cought in a fishing net under our fathers boat."

"I was so angry at his crucifixion. Then an angel appeared to us and told us that Jesus had to die in order to save us all."

"So you were no longer angry?" She asked.

"No!" He replied "I told that angle to -feck off. Grabbed a dagger. Stormed off to rescue my cousin off that cross!"

"What happened?" Abbie asked.

"Jesus happened." He replied and started wrapping the spearhead up in the red cloth..

"I was all set to kill his guards or die trying. But I think he knew what I was up to. From the cross he made me swear to mind his mother when he was gone. I couldn't say no. I had to stay alive to mind her. Mary."

"So he asked you to mind his mother but really his mum was minding you." Abbie said.

"Smart fellow that Jesus. Eh!"

He said smiling.

"You see I was the youngest apostle. The baby brother of the group. He and the other apostles knew they would all have to die to save us all. I believe what got them through their suffering was knowing that at least their baby brother would live a long and happy life."

He got up to go.

"So you could not rescue Jesus?" Abbie asked.

"It is my biggest regret to this day!" He added and handed the spear head wrapped in cloth to her.

"-Enough talk. You need to rest and let that head wound heal or you won't live to make it home. Now get some sleep."

"I will try." Abbie suddenly felt very tired.

"Sleep well." He smiled moving to the small door.

"-Next week if you are strong enough I will take you fishing with my grand children."

"I'd like that." Abbie closed her eyes and felt herself drift off.

He carefully opened the door and walked out.

He just got the door closed when he heard the dog bran barking loudly from Abbie's room.

He opened the door ready to give out to the wolfhound.

He stopped.

Stunned at what he was seeing.

Abbie with the spear head package in her hand still asleep was floating up towards the hole in the roof.

So was Bran behind her barking.

They floated up into the sunlight beams and into the hole.

He stirred at the hole then he saw Abbie peering down.

He managed to say one thing to her.

Before the hole filled in and disappered.

He preyed that she understood.

------------------------------------------

Please vote.  Your votes matter. Thank you.

Next update Friday chapter 16 history lesson.