Chapter 18 Return of the dead.

Chapter 18.

Return of the dead.

The hot chocolate smelt so nice as Abbie sat at the kitchen table across  from Miss Finn.

Miss Finn gave Abbie a change of cloth's. runners socks jeans red t shirt and a hoodie top.  Abbie loved it.  It was green with Celtic designs in gold on it. Like the ones you see for sale at tourist shops. It felt comfortable and strangely familiar like she wore it before. She guessed it belonged to Miss Finns son.

Miss Finn had listened to Abbie's story without saying a word.

"I suppose you think that I made it up or dreaming or something?" Abbie finished.

No I don't think you made it up!"  Miss Finn said. "Or dreamt it.

"Yes you do." Abbie took a sup from her hot chocolate.

"Maybe I seen those pictures before and some how dreamt the whole thing up. It makes more sense even to me."

"No one but me has seen those pictures in the last twelve years Abbie." Miss Finn said sadly. "That room has been locked."

"I never knew you have a son?"  Abbie asked.

1. "I don't. " Miss Finn smiled sadly. "Not anymore.  I'm afraid he died. Cancer. only sixteen."

"I'm sorry-"  Abbie did not know what to say.

"It's ok. His name was Sean!" Miss Finn smiled. "It's because of him I believe your story."

She opened a packet of mikado 's and gave one to Abbie.  The rest she poured onto a plate.

"Sean loved comics!"  She began.

"-Before the cancer his dream was to become a comic artist. He got hooked on all the ancient legends of Ireland. He planned to turn them into a graphic novel. Then when he was diagnosed with cancer. Well-,"

Miss Finns head went down.

"-He shut the world out and retreated into what had become an obsession with ancient Ireland."

Miss Finn took a biscuit had a bite and drank a sup of hot chocolate.  So did Abbie.

"-He  spent hours in his room studying more and more on the Druids, magic, and the old gods. I was worried sick but I thought better he obsessed over that than the cancer."

"-The last few weeks were the worst. He started drawing on the walls. His first picture was the death of Cu Culainn".

"Then he started drawing the other pictures leading to the death."

"The blank part of the wall?"  Asked Abbie.

"He died before he got them finished." She answered.

"-Before he died he made me swear never to change his room to keep the drawings on the wall."

Abbie had another mikado biscuit.

"On the night he died  he told me not to worry. One day we will meet again!"

She smiled.

"He joked to keep a pack of Jacobs  mikado for him they where his favourite .  Are they your favourite?"

"Not really. don't like biscuits." Abbie answered.

Miss Finn smiled. "Yet you ate the whole packet?"

Abbie looked down. The plate on the table was empty.

"You were born on the 22 of the 2nd 2002?"

"Yes all the two's. why?"

Abbie asked.

"It was the day my son Sean died."

She answered took the plate and placed it in the dishwasher.

----------------------------------------

Chapter 19 next Friday.

The self help letter.