Chapter 4 Behind the mirror

Chapter 4.

Behind the mirror.

Abbie was dropped on hard earth stoney ground.

Looking round she found herself in some sort of dark cave.

Behind her where they had just been stood a big round mirror leaned against the cave wall. It had a wooden frame completely carved in celtic intertwined symbols.

In the mirror she could see her bedroom and the bear.

The bear spat out the sword handle and moved towards the mirror.

Towards her.

It stuck its paw through the mirror and into the cave.

Then pulled it back.

Next it stuck its head in.

"The bears coming in!" Abbie yelled.

"That's what he thinks!" Said the boy went over to the mirror and swung the hurl.

"Nooo!" Abbie cried but it was to late.

The bear saw the swinging hurl and tried to pull its head back in.

The mirror smashed into a million Crystal shards that rained down onto the cave floor.

Something small round and black rolled and landed beside Abbie.

She picked it up.

"We have to go back."

"Why?" Asked the boy.

"Because my family, are in my house, with a bear with a sore head."

She answered showing him the bears nose in her hand. "Just don't tell me that was the only way back."

"Ok you better follow me." The boy replied as he helped her up off the ground. He then found a red cloak that was lying in a ball rolled up on the ground. He flung it over his shoulders and fastened it with a broach.

Then he strolled swinging the hurl playfully and whistled.

The big wolfhound came running to him.

They all walked from the cave up a long tunnel. Up towards a small chamber.

Abbie felt she had seen this place before.

"Was that mirror the only way back?" Asked Abbie.

"You told me not to tell you." The boy replied as they walked up a passage from the chamber.

"Hey! I know where we are." Abbie said looking round. "This is the passage out of new grange. But where's the lights and why are you dressed that way?"

"What way?" He asked.

"Like some ancient Irish Celt." She said.

In the light Abbie now noticed that his long hair was blond with a small red bandana tied at the back. Under the red cloak he wore a blue tunic and dark green pants. Around his waist was tied a brown leather belt with a sword holder but of course no sword.

His brown leather boots matched his belt. Both belt and boots were also covered in Celtic symbols. As was the gold brooch that held his cloak.

Abbie just noticed under his cloak strapped to his back was a round metal gold shield.

"I am an Irish Celt." He said as they came out of the passage way and stood outside.

"I am Cu Culainn. Ireland's greatest warrior."

Outside Abbie could see a big round stone fortress on top of a hill but between them and the fortress stood a Hugh army of Celtic warriors.

" and these are the red branch knights!"

Smiled Cu Culainn.

_________________________

Please vote. Your votes matter. Thank you.

Next update.

Sunday.

Chapter 5.

2000 years or so in the past.