Chapter 2. Catbads return.

Book2 Chapter 2.

Catbads return.

This show is getting old. 

It's even looking older than he was and that's saying something. 

Catbad reckoned he could squeeze out the last few million bucks from it this season and that's it.

Before the lift doors slid open he already had his professional smirk on his face. He strolled into the melee that was the  waiting film crew and reporters as confident as a man who owned the place (which as off this morning he did).

"HELLO it's Steven CATWELL!"

Announced excitedly Hip Boy past winner and now  co presenter of X Star.

"So welcome to the back stage of The O2 Dublin.  How do you and the other judges like auditioning  in Ireland  for the first time?"

Asked Hip boy shoving his hand mike in front of Catbads face.

Catbad pushed the mike back and wished in this body he had a bit more magic to be able to turn this jackass into a jackass. 

"Not much really. But Liamie  insist his Ireland overflows with talent." Catbad smiled.
"Me I'm not convinced.  Should have stayed on the mainland."

Catbad, followed by camera crew and hip boy strolled over to one of the make up chairs. 

He sat down and a young make up Girl placed a gown over him and started playing with his hair.

There wasn't much she could do.

His hair and make up was done upstairs long before he got in front of the waiting cameras.

This was all for show.

As was what follows next.

"STEVEN!  STEVEN!" Shouted down Liamie Wally getting his make up done three chairs up.

"I'm telling you Dublin is going to blow your socks off!"

"Waste of time coming here." Sighed Catbad back. 

"I seen the crowds outside. Don't look like any of them could make me blow my nose.  Never mind my socks!"

"You'll  see.  Ireland won't let us down. 
The talent here is amazing.  The people are amazing.  It's gonna be amazing."

"That's amazing Liamie!" Smiled Hip Boy laughing at his own joke. No one else did.

"Look here comes Karen Awesome and cherri Cola and their looking amazing!"

Hip boy moved fast and ambushed the female judges at the lifts.

The film crew barley catching up with him.

"On in ten minutes. Mr Catwell." Spoke a crew member passing on a message he revived from his headphones.

"Thank you." Replied Catbad and the roadie moved away leaving Catbad with his thoughts.

The make up artist was still playing with his hair. Catbad stirred at his image in the mirror and Catwell stirred back.

Hard to believe it's been over forty years since he possessed this body.

Catbad remembered been tied to the stone in ancient Ireland and the spear flying towards him.

He remembered the pain as it pierced his heart.

As the last of his life left his body. 

As he watched  Abbie and Cu Culainn escape.

He felt something.