Small trip

45

TWO WEEKS LATER

Thanksgiving week

After the Championship loss I decided to take a trip to North Carolina to visit Tobin and Mikey. Mikey was playing lacrosse at UNC and well Tobin was playing soccer there. They both heard about the tough loss and they were super bummed about it. Im at the airport right now and I just got my bag when I spotted Tobin and Mikey walking toward me.

"REECE"

"TOBIN" I said as I pulled her into a hug.

"Hey sis" said Mikey as he hugged me next.

I only had a backpack and a duffel bag with me. Mikey took my duffel while I carried my backpack.

"Reece your brother is wild. Every time I see him at a party he never ceases to amaze me"

"Yah well he learns from the best."

We all laughed as we walked to Mikeys car. He hoped in the drivers seat as I got in the passenger seat and Tobin made her way to the back. Mikey drove us to a small restaurant by the airport so we could get some food and talk. As we sat down I decided to tell them about the Portland thorns offer.

"So I got a call from Mark Parsons the other say about a position to play for the Portland Thorns. And I kinda wanna take it."

"Reece that's awesome. I think you should take it" said Tobin.

"I agree. You've worked your ass off since I can remember. You deserve this" said Mikey.

"Thanks guys. Usually I would go to Kelley when it comes to stuff like his but you know how that turned out."

"Did she ever tell you why she needed space" asked Tobin.

"No. But I feel like I deserve to know. If its something I could have helped her with but she never said anything."

We chatted on about other things. I made sure to ask how their sports were going and then we headed out to UNC. Tobin was letting me stay with her in her dorm because her roommate was out for the next week but I was only there for the weekend.

"Theres a party tonight at Mikeys friends frat house. You wanna go" asked Tobin.

"Hell yah"

I was gonna let loose while I was here. I set my duffel bag on Tobins bed and rummaged through it until I picked out my ripped jeans and my surf tee. That was literally my go to outfit for anything.

A few hours later Tobin and I were standing in the kitchen of a frat house pouring ourselves beers from the keg. I finished pouring mine when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey would you mind pouring me some?"

I tuned around and looked at who asked me. My eyes went a little wide and my breathing stopped for a split second. The girl in front of me was absolutely stunning. Her dark brown hair cascaded over her shoulders and her blue eyes staring at mine. It took me a second to gain my composure.

"Of course" I said taking the cup from her hand.

Once I finished I held it out to her but pulled it away before she could reach it.

"My names Reece. Whats yours"

She smiled and then said "Caroline".

"Well Caroline it was a pleasure pouring your beer" I said as I handed her cup back.

"Your not from around here are you."

"Nah. What gave it away"

"Your polite." She paused and smiled at me. "Come on lets go outside its a little quieter. We can chat."