Catch ups pt 2

I arrived at the bar and the guys were standing outside waiting for me.

"Hey guys"

I have them all a hug. I was so happy to see them. We walked inside and were sat at a table and we all ordered beers.

"So how has life been for you guys."

"Well Norte dame has been good. Hockey season went great we almost won the championship."

John committed to notes dame for hockey his sophomore year.

"Yah well Stanford has been doing ok there is definitely room for improvement. Have you decided if your gonna play yet?"

Ted went to Stanford and played ice hockey there. We kept in touch and I see him a couple times. He watches Brooklyn when Kelley and I have away games. Right now Brooklyn is with Emily right now who lives in California.

"Yah I told them that I was gonna do it but if the academics started to skip that I would have to take a break. But Soccer has been great. We won the championship against UCLA."

"That's great. I actually ended up commiting to Michigan. I decided Minnesota just wasn't the place for me."

"I'm so happy for you guys. And I'm so happy that we're here."

We kept up the conversation over wings and then eventually we all had to go. I said bye to ted and John.

"Hey Reece. How is kelley"

"Well she's ok."

"Has she been seeing anyone"

"Umm well the thing is a couple weeks after you guys had your fight Kelley and I sorta you know"

"Oh yah I get it. Is she happy? Are you guys happy?"

"Yah, we are"

"Well I'm glad kelley deserves the best and so do you."

"Thanks Charlie."

"Have you been seeing anyone"

"Yah I actually met a girl at Michigan and I think she could be the one."

"I'm happy for you Charlie. If she ends up being the one I'll be expecting that wedding invitation"

"Yah same from you"

I hugged Charlie and we said goodbye. I made my way to te Jeep and went home. It was pretty late so I thought kelley was sleeping but she was sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Hey babe"

"Hey Speedy"

She sat up and I went and sat next to her. I put my arm around her and she laid her head on my shoulder.

"How was it"

"It was good. We all caught up"

"That's good"

"Charlie asked me about you"

"What did he say"

"He just asked if you were seeing anyone and I told him about us and then he said that you deserved the best and that he was happy for us."

"That's nice of him to say that"

"Yah it was"

We went up to bed a little while later.

"So when are we having dinner with Cheney and arod"

"2 days and it's lunch"

"Ok"

I got into bed and Kelley laid on top of me.

"I love you"

"I love you too Kel"

THE NEXT DAY

Kelley and I were getting ready for or lunch date with Cheney and Amy. She put on a nice casual dress and I stuck with my skinny jeans and white surf shirt. We went to this really cool sandwich place in the city. Once I got out of the car Kelley was still applying makeup so i went to open her door.

"Kel you don't need that much makeup. You look beautiful"

"Thank you but we all know that I need a little bit of makeup"

She finished her makeup and we walked in. Cheney and Amy were sitting at a table. We went and gave them hugs and sat down.

"How are you guys doing."

"Well ever since you guys beat us in the championship I've been a little salty but I'll get over it."

Cheney went to play soccer at UCLA.

"Yah well is Trojans didn't get very far so I'm not really salty at any of you."

Amy went and played soccer at the university of Southern California.

"Well what can I say. Reece and I are kicking butt at Stanford. Well mostly Reece but I help sometimes."

The waiter came by and we ordered our food and talked all things college, Soccer and relationships. Cheney met a guy on the basketball team named Jrue and arod was still looking. We told them about our relationship and how it all started before Costa Rica and they didn't really know much about Costa Rica so we talked about that too. It was hard for me to talk about after all the things that had happened.

After a while we all parted ways after promising to keep in touch. We were all called into national team training next month so would see each other then.

We arrived at the house and I went straight to the fridge for a beer and made my way out to the pool. I started thinking about what had happened in Costa Rica. I never fully comprehended that it actually happened. When I was getting tortured it definitely felt real but I never actually processed it and i guess that's what I was doing now. The only thing that kept me going was getting home to kelley and Mikey.

I was intensely staring at the water and hadn't noticed that Kelley was standing next to where I was sitting. She sat down.

"Are you ok"

"Yah"

"Come on Speedy. I know when your not ok. What's on your mind"

"I was just thinking about Costa Rica"

"Are you ok"

"I don't know Kel. I'm just now starting to get through my head what really happened and everything hat did happen wasn't just a dream or something."

She pulled me into her.

"I know that I'll never be able to even imagine what you went through but I just want you to know that your ok. Your safe now and your with me."

I didn't say anything. I just sat there with my head on her shoulder trying to think about the best way I could propose to her. She was the only thing that should be taking up my thoughts.