Meeting kelley

I woke up to the bright light of the sun shining through the window. I got out of my bed and threw on a pair of running shorts and a t-shirt.

I walked downstairs and looked at the time.

6:17

I decided to go for a run. I have to stay in shape if I want to make varsity.

The fresh air on my face and the scent of freshly cut grass keeps me running longer. I continued to run around the neighborhood a couple times.

I made my way back to the house and that's when I saw her. The neighbor. She looked to be about my age. Her brown hair was tied up and she was also wearing running shorts and a shirt.

She looked at me.

"Hey speedy" she said.

"Hi" I walked towards her.

"My names Kelley and you must be my new neighbor"

"Yeah my names Reece" I held out my hand. She stared at my hand and then hugged me.

"OH GOD!! Why are you all sweaty"

"I just went for a run"

"Oh that makes sense. Do you like running?"

"Well yeah if I wanna stay in shape"

"Ohhh do you play any sports"

"Just soccer and ice hockey"

"Ohhhh yay!!! I play soccer too. Are you going to tryouts next week? Well duh yeah you are you just said you played soccer. Ahh sorry dumb moment"

I couldn't help but smile at her goofiness. I barely know her but let me tell you I like her.

"So what grade are you going into?" Said Kelley.

"Umm Im gonna be a senior"

"OHH double yay. We're in the same grade"

"Is there anything you don't get excited about"

"Once I ran out of chocolate chip cookie dough and I was not excited" she said it with the straightest face ever.

I busted out laughing and she hit my arm.

"Hey that's not funny I was so sad like for real I didn't have any cookie dough and everyone knows Kelley needs her cookie dough"

I held my hands up in surrender.

"Ok ok well just so you know. I happen to like cookie dough too"

"Ohhh yay we can have cookie dough together"

"That's sounds like fun but I still have a lot to unpack and I gotta go take a shower"

"Well we should hangout some other time. Here give me your phone"

I gave her my phone and she handed me hers. I put my number in then handed it back as I grabbed my phone from her.

"So I'll see you around" she asked.

"Definitely"