College decisions

I made up my mind. I know where I wanna go. On the bus back to the school after we won our championship game I told Kelley I had to make a quick phone call. I went to the back of the bus and I dialed a number.

"Hello"

"Hi coach Ratcliffe, it's Reese"

"Oh Reese. Finally want to take up that offer"

"Yes sir. If it's still on the table"

"Of course it is. I'll send one of the assistant coaches down there for you to sign"

"Thank you so much coach"

"My pleasure. Oh and Reece?"

"Yes coach"

"Welcome to Stanford"

I hung up and walked to middle of the bus where Kelley was sitting.

"What was the call about"

"College"

"YOU MADE A DECISION"

"Yeah"

"Well where are you going"

"Well let's put it this way. Do you want to be my roommate"

"NO WAY WERE GOING TO STANFORD."

"Yes kel we're going to Stanford"

She gave me a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek. I blushed and the butterflies in my stomach. Oh lord the things this woman does to me.

"Congrats speedy"

She laid her head on my shoulder and tried to fall asleep. I couldn't though. I just made the biggest decision of my life and I know it was the right one. I'll be with Kelley and lord knows I want to be with Kelley.

An hour later we arrived back at the school and I woke Kelley up. There were a lot of students in the parking lot waiting to congratulate us. I grabbed our bags and we made our way off the bus. People I didn't even know came up to me and told me how great I played.

As I was talking to some people I saw Arod and went over to her.

"Hey Arod great game."

"Thanks you too"

"Umm quick question"

"Where is cheney"

"Ohh they took her to the hospital. I think she tore something"

"Ah ok thanks Arod"

I went to find Kelley.

"Hey before we go home do you wanna go see Cheney. She's in the hospital"

"Oh my gosh. Let's go now then."

We walked over to my jeep and I drove to the hospital. And Kelley and I walked towards the front desk. Kelley spoke up.

"Hi we're here to see Lauren Cheney"

"She is on the fourth floor room 195"

"Thanks"

We walked towards the elevators. And pushed the button. After a while the elevator opened and Kelley and I were the only two people in there. She turned around and put her head on my chest and wrapped her arms around me. My heart started to speed up.

"I'm so glad you chose Stanford"

I wrapped my arms around her.

"Yah me too"

Finally the doors opened and she grabbed my hand dragged me with her until we found 195. I saw Lauren sitting there and she smiled at me. I smiled at her and walked in.

"Hey Cheney."

"Hey guys"

"So what happened"

"Well you were right I tore something and that something was my ACL"

"Damn Cheney Im so sorry"

"It's ok. I should be able to play at least halfway through college season"

"Where did you sign too"

"UCLA. You pick a school yet"

I looked over at Kelley and she smiled.

"Yeah I'm going to Stanford with that squirrel over there"

"Congrats Reece"

"Hey I am not a squirrel"

"Thanks Cheney"

"Hey Reece Im proud of you"

"Why'd that"

"The way you stepped up today after I gave you the armband. Arod told me everything. How you switched with Kelley so she could get a goal. How you assisted Arod in a goal. How you changed the formation. I'm proud of you"

"Thanks Cheney"

"Hey speedy we should probably get going. It's getting pretty late."

"Alright. I'll see you later Cheney. And if you need anything just give me a call"

"Alright bye guys thanks for coming"

We walked out of the room and through the hospital until we found the main entrance. We walked out to my jeep and we got in. Kelley turned to me.

"Since it's Friday what do you wanna go do."

"Well let's see. Shower. Cookie dough. And sleep"

"Sounds good let's do it"

I looked at her and she looked at me after she realized something.

"Let's not shower together though that would be really really weird. We can sleep together though"

"Ok kel" I said as I laughed at her.

I drove to my house and Kelley walked to hers so she could take a quick shower and come back. I walked inside and saw my parents eating dinner at the table.

"Hola mija how was the game. I'm sorry we couldn't make it"

"We won"

"Oh congratulations"

"And I decided where I want to go for college"

My dad stood up and came over to us and said "well where do you want to go"

"Stanford"

They both smiled and brought me in for a hug.

"Were so proud of you"

"Yes mija we love you so much. But you smell like you ran a marathon so go take a shower."

"Ok but kelleys coming over so if I'm upstairs just send her up she knows how to get to my room"

"Ok mija"

I walked upstairs and took a quick shower and changed. I was laying down on the bed when Kelley walked into my room with a container of cookie dough. She sat down next to me and handed me a spoon. I put on some Netflix and we watched until we finished the cookie dough. I accidentally took the last bite of cookie dough and Kelley got mad.

"Aww come on kel. I would give it back but its kinda in my stomach. I'm sorry"

"Your so mean"

She got up but before she could go anywhere I pulled back towards the bed and wrapped my arms around her. She sat there until finally she gave in and cuddled back.

"You know ice hockey season is coming up"

"Oh is it now."

"Yah. Oh and when you go to my games make sure you wear something nice and warm I don't want you to get cold"

She held me closer.

"Thanks speedy"

God I think I'm in love with her.

A/n:
Let me know how you guys like it so far. This was just like a spur of the moment type thing and I just kept writing so yah just let me know if I should continue.