First game

Our first game was today. I woke up and did my daily morning routine. I put on my lucky shoes, sweatpants, and shirt. I walked downstairs and ate a sausage egg and cheese bagel. I made myself a pbj sandwich and grabbed a Gatorade and a protein bar and I was out the door. I drove to kelleys house and picked her up.

"Hey speedy"

"Morning kel"

She hooked up her phone to the aux and played her music.

"You ready for the game" she asked.

"I was born ready"

We pulled up at the school and I grabbed our bags. She grabbed my hand and we walked to our first class. The rest of the day was a drag. After school Kelley and I made our way to the locker room.

"Do you have any game day rituals"she asked.

"Yeah"

"What are they"

"Your about to find out"

I put on my uniform. The game started in an hour and a half but I like to be ready. I put my headphones on and played my pre game playlist. I held my cleats in my hands, I closed my eyes and envisioned the game. What would happen. What I need to do. How hard I have to play. Which players can receive the ball and which players can cross the balls well.

I opened my eyes after about fifteen minutes. I looked over at Kelley and she was dancing to some music. The way she was smiling made me giddy. I love to see her smile. We made eye contact and she made her way over to me. She sat herself in my lap and looked at me.

"You ready speedy"

"Hell yeah I am. Are you?"

"Hell yeah I am"

We stood up and walked side by side out the tunnel. Once we reached the end she smacked my butt and took off. I swear this girl will be the death of me.

After about an hour or so of warmups we huddled up. Cheney was our captain.

"Alright ladies this is our first game of the season and we wanna start of strong. We gotta make good passes and take all the shots we can. We have to move the ball and work it up towards the forwards. We can do this. We are faster than them. Use that speed to your advantage ladies. Ok ready team on 3"

"1 2 3 TEAM"

I was starting today. We took our positions on the field. The other team was starting with the ball. The ref blew the whistle and the game was underway.

The other team passed around for a bit until one of the midfielders stole the ball. That passed it to Cheney as I started to make a run towards the goal. Cheney saw me and sent a long ball. I got a touch on it and worked my way towards the goal. I was outside of the 18 but had a clear shot and I took it. Unfortunately the ball hit the crossbar. Stupid crossbar.

The game continued on. At halftime we were up 2-0. I scored one and Cheney scored the other.

"Alright ladies were looking good out there. Just keep doing what we're doing and we should get more goals"

We stepped back into the field and this time we were starting with the ball. The ref blew the whistle and I passed the ball back to Cheney. I made my way up the field. After a couple passes one of the wings was able to get a cross. I went up to head it but someone else went up too. I went down to the ground and my head hurt so bad. My hands were covering my face as I was lying on the ground. I felt someone's hands touch my arm.

"Hey speedy. Are you alright"

"Uhh I don't know my head hurts"

"Let me take a look at it"

I took my hands down and looked up at her.

"Holy shit your bleeding"

I looked down at my hands and sure enough there was blood. Coach subbed me out and the game resumed as the trainers took me into the locker room and were trying to stop the bleeding. We ended up winning 5-0. After the game everyone came in. Cheney and Arod were the first to check on me. Then Kelley came.

"Hey speedy how you feeling"

"Well other than a massive headache and a huge gash on my head. I would say I feel fine"

She smiled at me and walked over to my side. I was laying down on a table in the trainers office.

"You had me scared there"

"Why cause you didn't think I was gonna get up"

"Oh no i knew you were gonna get up but you hit your head"

"Yeah this one, not gonna lie. It hurt"

"Do you want me to drive home today?"

"Me. Let you drive my jeep. Sure that would probably be the safest solution"

"Alright well lets go change"

We walked over to our lockers in the locker room. I left in my uniform on but changed my shoes. I grabbed our bag and we made our way towards my jeep. I handed her the keys and she got in the driver seat. Before we took off she plugged her phone in and put some music on.

"I'm not gonna blast it like I normally do because I don't want your head to hurt more than it already does."

"Thanks kel"

I couldn't help but smile. She cares about me. I like her more and more everyday.

We arrived at my house and we both went in and up to my room. I went and sat on my bed but Kelley went to the bathroom. She came back out with a bottle of Advil and some water.

"Here take this"

"Kel I don't"

"Reece I swear to god if you don't take this I'm going to leave right now"

I quickly grabbed it out of her hand and popped it in my mouth I took the water and swallowed them. Then Kelley smiled and said "thank you" in a sweet voice. She took the bandage of my head and looked at my cut.

"I think we should go get this stitched up."

"Nah it's probably not even that bad"

I got up and went to go look at it in the mirror and holy crap. The gash ran from my hairline all the way to my eyebrows. I got out of the bathroom and handed her the keys.

"Yah we should probably go get this stitched up"

We went to the hospital and waited until somebody came and put some stitches.

"Ok so I would say you can play soccer but take it really easy like no hard running, definitely no scrimmaging and no sprints I would say until we get the stitches which shouldn't be more than 7-10 days"

"Thanks"

We walked out and Kelley took my hand.

"Please stop getting hurt"

I pulled her towards me and gave her a hug. Her head was on my chest again. I love being tall.

"I'll try but I can't promise anything. I mean we do play soccer remember. "