Five

+Jack's POV+

"Wow, I should do hunting more often..." Mark said smiling as he examined the doe. "You should" I answered as I tried to pick a spot to carry the carcass. She's near... A female voice whispered. A flicked my ear and turned to the side. "Did you hear that?" I asked Mark. "Hear what?" Mark questioned tilting his head. "A female voice..." I trailed off looking into the forest. "Jack are you okay?" Mark questioned. "I..I'm not sure..." I DID hear a voice. I swear to god I did.

Then a saw a head pop out from behind a tree. It was the girl from yesterday! I was surprised but in shock. Why is she this close to us?! Will Mark kill her on the spot? Wait..why am I worrying about her? She's just another human. Nothing special about her. Mark rose his snout and sniffed the air. I reacted quickly. "You know what Mark? I should go a little further and see if I could bring back another doe. You'll be able to carry that right?"

"Uh yeah" Mark answered. "Okay then I'll continue to hunt! See ya!" I said as I turned and raced to where the girl was hiding. I passed her and hid behind a bush. I watched as Mark shrugged then walked off with the doe. The girl from before and her friend met up  and glanced around. I should drive them out but what's stopping me? I watched as the two humans made their way back to the cabin. The girl from before glanced at where I was and stared. I tensed up. Does she see me?

"Y/n lets go!" The other human said. Y/n turned and ran off. I slowly got out of the bush and watched Y/n go. Y/n... I shook my head. Stop it Jack! You can't! It's against the rules. I glanced over to her and lowered my ears. Besides she wouldn't like me anyway. I'm a werewolf while she's human. The relationship wouldn't work, especially if she is scared of me. I growled in anger and raced deeper in the forest.

It's so unfair! I find a cute girl and yet she isn't a werewolf! God damn it! I'll never have a mate...I'll never have a family...I'll never have a special someone... I stopped and howled. My howl was filled with sadness. I know it's not night but I have to howl to see if someone would respond. I stood still and listened. I waited and waited and waited. It was evening and I was laying on a grassy meadow. No wolf howled back. My ears and tail drooped. What's the point? I'm gonna be alone forever.

I transformed into my human form and plucked a False Goat's Beard growing next to me. Actually they were grown all around me. I sniffed it and frowned. "Even the sweetest of scents cannot mend a lonely heart.." I mumbled to myself. "Poet much?" A voice laughed. I jumped and whipped my head around to see Y/n standing a few feet away from me. "I-uh...no. Not really" I said still sitting. "Well you talked like one so..." Y/n flicked her eyes up and down me before looking away. "I guess you're used to being out here alone since you only wear your underwear."

My face started to burn red. "My clothes got wet in a nearby stream so I'm letting them dry" I lied. Y/n nodded and sat down. "Alright wild man." She pulled out a black journal from her backpack and a golden pencil with black stripes on it. Y/n started to draw on an blank paper and her e/c eyes flickered between the paper and the False Goat's Beard. I leaned over to see what she was doing but she quickly blocked it from me.

I scooted back and frowned. My mind was racing. You shouldn't be talking to her. Someone is gonna see you and report you to Mark. This is all bad. My brain and heart were battling each other. The loyalty of my pack or the chance of love? I glanced at y/n who was still drawing. What the hell am I saying? I'm some random dude in the forest with no fucking clothes. I look like a crazy person! And besides it takes time for love and she probably is leaving and I have to stay with my pack so I might as well stop all of this before getting high hopes.

I was about to leave when Y/n spoke up. "Do you actually live in that cabin?" "No. I just visit there for clothes or supplies" I answered. "So stealing then?" Y/n questioned as she glanced up at me from her journal. "I-I wouldn't put it that way because no one has been there and I've just been putting my own supplies as storage and using some of the old owners supplies" I defended. "Whatever. Just don't steal any of our stuff while we're here this week" she said continuing to draw. "I didn't plan to" I answered glancing at the sky. "Good. So you do just live out here? Since the cabin isn't your place, where is yours?" Y/n asked as shut closed her journal.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I just sleep in old dens or trees." I glanced over at y/n and saw her staring me down. "What are you doing y/n?" She shook her head and glanced at the ground. "Nothing you just remind me of someone..." I scooted closer. "Who?" She looked at me with her pretty e/c eyes. Her h/c hair was slightly rising due to the little wind. "It was a dream I had but it's not possible. Dreams are dreams" she said still staring into my soul. I had the urge to want to kiss her but I sat still watching her just stare at me.

"It felt so real though" y/n continued. "What was the dream?" I asked. Y/n broke the eye contact and looked at her journal. "A white wolf told me something and then I followed some tracks to see another wolf in front of the moon" she quickly explained. My gut dropped. "What'd the wolf look like?" I questioned. "Brown and white fur with," Y/n turned to face me again, "Icy blue eyes." What the fuck? How does she know what I look like as wolf form? "Um...what happened after that?" "I woke up. It was very strange though. I can still hear the white wolf's voice sometimes" Y/n said looking at the sunset. She chuckled, "Now I sound crazy. Do you think I'm crazy?" Yes. "No, I've heard a voice too" I answered. Y/n closed her eyes and let the warmth of the sun rest on her face. "What did she say?" "She's near" I answered. Y/n suddenly turned and her eyes were wide. "Mine said he's near."

What kind of black magic is this? There's no way she could of had seen me in a dream and we had the same voice talk to us about someone being near. I stood up and looked down at y/n. Unless if...she's the one that the voice was referring to. Goosebumps appeared on my skin. "I-I have to go" I said as I quickly turned and ran in to the forest. I changed into my wolf form and raced back to camp. White wolf? Voice in our heads? Mark or Amy must know something about this...