Four

+Y/n's POV+

I gasped and sat up in my bed. My breathing slowed down and I rubbed my head. I glanced around the dark room. I got out of bed and walked over to a window. I pushed the curtain aside and glanced out of the window. The moon was high in the sky and the stars were visibly seen. My nightmare seemed to have disappeared from my memory. Isn't it weird? When you wake up and you remember your dream but seconds later you don't know what it was about?

I walked back to bed and stared at the roof. I rotated to my night stand and grabbed my journal. I sat up and turned on the desk lamp. I flipped through the pages and read through the information of each animals and plants b/f/n and I researched. On the left side of the paper was my quick sketch of the animal or plant and on the right was the name of the species, date found, area found, what it needs to survive, etc.

I turned the page and smiled. This page was about Orchids. B/f/n asked if she could do the quick sketch and she did pretty well for her first drawing ever. Thunk. I glanced up from my book and to the window. The window was slightly open. I didn't leave it open..did I? I closed the book and walked over to the window. I shut it and locked it. I walked back and placed the book on the night stand. I turned the light off and snuggled underneath the blanket.

He's near y/n. A female voice whispered. Who? I asked. The scenery changed into a forest. I stood on the grass and watched the leaves and branches move above with the calm wind. Follow me down the path...the female voice said. The grass suddenly moved aside from my feet to make a dirt path for me. I saw the faded form of a white wolf on thr path. He will walk beside you... The white wolf spoke.

"Who?" I asked as I started to walk beside the white wolf. Guiding and showing you the way... He will not leave you... I reached to touch the wolf but she turned to me. He will be standing on a path watching you. "Who's he?" I asked. If you ever feel alone, close your eyes. I waited for her to say more but she seemed to have been waiting for me. I sighed and closed my eyes. I felt the wind brush a little faster than before.

You will see six sets of footprints, two belong to you and four belongs to him. "Wait what?" I opened my eyes and the white wolf was gone. I glanced at the floor and saw four paw prints on the dirt path. Is that the white wolf's? I raced through the dirt path. I stopped when I saw another wolf standig on top of a hill. The moon was right behind the wolf. Then you will know that he has not left you. The wolf wasn't the white one from before. It was a brown and white wolf with icy blue eyes. The wolf then rose on two legs and turned to me. Goosebumps formed on my skin. The fur transformed into skin, wolf ears disappeared, paws changed to hands and feet, and tail disappeared. The wolf changed to human and his icy blue eyes glowed in the darkness.

"Y/N! GET UP!" B/f/n yelled through the door. I jumped out of bed and raced to the door. I opened it up and she stood there with her arms crossed. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Look at the time! It's almost 10! We are normally ready by 9 and by now we could of filled some of those missing birds information" b/f/n said angrily. "Hey I'm sorry! I didn't sleep well last night and I just had a nightmare. I'll be ready in ten minutes" I answered as I shut the door on her face.

I finished getting dressed and grabbed my journal. B/f/n was sitting in the kitchen eating toast. "Took ya long enough, lets go!" "Wait I didn't get breakfast-" "Doesn't matter. We have some research we need to do!" B/f/n said as she dragged me out of the cabin. Ugh...I guess I'll have to wait until lunch. We walked around the forest. We found one bird and no flowers. "Eh..where are the flowers?" B/f/n groaned. I pulled out a water bottle and took a sip. I glanced at my new sketch of the bird. Thankfully I spotted it before we walked by it.

"Y/n, you hear that?" B/f/n whispered. I closed the lid and stood still. "Hide!" She said. I hid behind a tree and b/f/n did the same. I glanced over and saw a doe walk into the open and nibble on the ground. Her light brown fur was neatly groomed. "So pretty" I whispered. "It's a white tail deer. The time is mating season so maybe a buck might be looking for her" B/f/n informed. The doe's ears pricked up and she turned her head towards us.

I stood still. The doe's nose twitched as she took a step toward us. Then a wolf came and attacked the doe. I gasped and covered my mouth. I hid behind the tree and stared at b/f/n. She stared back. The doe cried and then it was silent. I glanced over and saw two wolves getting off of the doe. The first one had pure black fur and dark brown eyes while the other was brown and white with...icy blue eyes.