Not-So Little Ones

Start from the beginning

Two arms are underneath her others, and small horns poke out of her head. "Holy shit-" Pidge squeaks, jumping behind Hunk. "Is she even Altean?" Lance asks, motioning to Liza. "Yes, but the other half? If there is another half, I have no idea." Allura shrugs and walks over to Liza and Shiro.

The small girl climbs down into Shiro's arms, he holds onto her. She changes back to her regular Ginger self and Allura takes her from Shiro. "Let's go do some tests okay?" Liza nods and squirms out of her arms, Lily does the same and they hug each other. Liza mumbles her apologies to her sister and they both walk down the hall with Allura.

—————

"Listen up cadets. Today is the day we find out What lions choose who. First up, the black lion." All of the young adults are in a line, the Lion purrs to life when Jay sits. "You're all going to be training nonstop after this, Like we had to." It was Keith, he's beside the Black lion. "Welcome your future leader." They cheer for the boy , and he turns red.

"What if 'm not ready? Keith, I can't lead-" the raven shushes him. Hunk was up next, he gave them all a big smile. It doesn't quite meet his eyes though. "The yellow lion is a support beam. A vital part in this alliance, so without further adu go on!" The first up is Laci, then Max, and then Missy, then Eden. The yellow lion purrs to life, and a moment later she walks out. "Congrats Eden!" The whole team cheers for her, Hunk was quiet in the corner.

The blue lion, she responds to no one. Allura sits confused, "blue doesn't want-"

They quickly move onto the green lion, Jake is the one. Lance stands by the red lion, hopeful. After many tests the red lion refuses to work for anyone as well.

After everyone had gone to sleep, Sean sneaks out of his room. He wonders the halls for a while untill he reaches his destination, the hangar. Silently he slinks over to the red lion, and he sits in front of it. "Listen, I'm no Keith. I can't save you from Galra, and I'm not papa. I can't just earn your trust through someone, but I'm asking for a chance red. Let me be a paladin, please."

Hunk watches from the doorway silently, his exausted state deepened. "You know, you don't want to be a paladin." The raven jumps and scrabbles to his feet while the big man approaches. "I do-" Hunk shakes his head, "You're just a kid. Younger than I was when we started defending the universe. Actually no- you aren't, but still. You guys shouldn't get thrown into this more than you already are."

Sean opens his mouth to protest, a siren starts wailing. The red lion powers on, "Sean you can't. We do training tomorrow-" Hunk is holding the boy's arm lightly keeping a grip. "Hunk we have to, please!" Everyone is running to the large hangar, "Paladins! Gear up!" Sean wrenches his hand free, and runs to find the red armour.

Once done changing he sprints to the deck, where Allura, Coran, Hunk, Shiro, Lance, and Jay await. "The others?" He puffs, catching his breath. They slowly slink in, still in their pajamas.

"Only these two are dressed!" Allura rants just like she did in the beginning, with more hand waving. "Now that everyone is here-" Coran starts, bringing out a clip board. "The Injured Galra should be out in an hour! Sean, JJ, and Number five go in and talk with them.

The three mentioned do as told and set off to the med bay. The other kids go back to their room, upset at their disturbance. "They should not be doing this! We can find others" Hunk states, glancing over at Lance. "But it couldn't wait, most of the children have lost their powers. How could they defend themselves once we're gone? They need to learn more combat, and how to pilot the lions." Shiro sighs rubbing his hands down his face.

"Do you think that our parents would have allowed this? If we where told that we had this unheard of bond with Mecha cats? That we had to just up and leave? Don't you think our parents would be doing the same goddamn thing I'm gonna try to do?" Hunk was slowly breaking down, tears leaking from his eyes.

"I trust them, and I love them. But they're going to get themselves killed." It was lance who spoke up, his frown prominent. "I have died, Allura has died, even you Shiro! This is serious, they have to train. A lot more than they ever have."

"They've been training their whole lives you guys. They should be fine, they just need to get used to the lions." Coran spoke twiddling his mustache, "have faith."

————————

Voltron parted in beams of red light. Three young paladins do not answer, Lance's breathing is uneven. The yellow lion, the red lion, and the blue lion do not answer. "LETS GET THEM OUT OF THERE!" Hunk booms, anger very prominent on his face. The castle scoops up all of them and flees, some of the shield damaged.

They all rush to the bay, JJ and Jake are standing outside the other's lions. The new leader's eyes where frantic as he bangs on red's shield. The adults get most of the lions open, but red won't.

"NO! MISSY! WAKE UP!" Max cries as he cradled his sister, her eyes closed and armour bloody. The inside of blue was torn apart, a soldier had gotten inside. Lance hugs his other son as they carry his sister away, Hunk already sobbing. In the yellow lion, Eden is unresponsive, the inside looked exactly like blue's. Her breathing is ragged, and there's a hole in her armor.

"Go grab a stretcher!"

She passes just before they open the medbay doors, she had bled out.

Red is still locked tight, Lance won't stop trying a way in. He's hyperventilating, sobbing, anything that a father would do once he finds out one of his kids has passed. Finally the barrier opens, but shuts as soon as JJ steps in. "Get him out!"

Drawing his bayard The raven crawls into the lion, rustling in heard. "Get- off-" a weak voice says, then a thud sounds. JJ bursts into the cockpit, and there stands a soldier. The barrier outside of red drops, as JJ and the soldier fly out. The soldier slamming the young boy into the wall, he gets a few punches in.

———
They imprisoned the soldier, and had yet to take of the helmet. Sean is in intinsive care, Pidge and Lance monitoring him.

SORRY THAT IVE BEEN GONE! I'm working on an Aphmau book, and other stuff! SO- ONCE AGAIN MY APOLOGIES! SORRY ABOUT NO ROMANCE EITHER JUST SAD SHIT