Guard Hearts

Oops this isn't Aphmau
Garroth- Keith
Laurence- Lance
Aphmau- Pidge
Kawaii-Chan- Hunk
Dante- Shay
Zoey- Allura
Dale- Coran
Aaron- Beezer (oof)

Kinda really based off of Minecraft Diaries just because I wanna combine my favorite things together
Of course there's gonna be Klance. Or garrence?
---------

"So you're saying you want to leave Pheonix Drop?" Keith asks as Lance pases the room, the older wanting to leave to protect his beloved home. "Look Keith, I do but-" "you're going to leave Lady Pidge? Leave the innocent people of the village for a reason I don't even know? Leave everyone unprotected?"

"Keith I'm sorry but In a way when I leave they'll be way more protected!" Lance shouts throwing his hands into the air, the stress finally showing. "Where I'm a shadow night I might not be able to control myself! What happens when I go off near Pidge? Or one of the villagers? Or you Keith, I would never be able to live with myself."

A sound at the door of the guard tower entrance makes the two stop bickering. "Guys! Open up! I've brought you some food for the whole guard!" Keith stands and walks over to open the door for their friend. Said friend walks in with two arms filled with baskets that are also filled with food. "Thanks Hunk! I'm sure everyone at the guard, yes especially your Shae, will love this!" "I've got nothing to do so why not? I've got to be going though, lady Pidge should be by in a bit.." his ears flicking every which way.

The red and blue knights wave bye to their friend, Keith collapses in his chair rubbing his face. "Look Keith I have to-" the entrance to the tower opens once more. "Hey Lance! Keith!" Lady Pidge chirps her green dress waving behind her. "Pidge! How good of you to visit us! We have some matters to discuss-" Lance starts slightly glancing to Keith who was still in his chair. "I have to leave." Keith huffs a frown showing, "Lance? What no why?" Lady Pidge asks as she adjusts her flower crown, a small frown forming.

Lance explains his reasons to her, Keith interrupting every so often objecting to his plan. "Look Lance.. it's your choice. We cannot force you to stay, but we would rather you did." "I'll be back... One day my Lord. But it won't be soon.. I'll turn in my guard equipment soon."

Lady Pidge sighs rubbing her face, the round glasses that rested on her freckled nose now in her hand. "Okay Lance.. be safe.." she nods her good-byes then and walks out. "Keith I'm-" "save it Lance.. just turn in what you where given and leave us all then." Those where the last words spoken between the two, as Keith walked up the stairs to his room.

Lance left his items, all but his armour and sword, then had Shay open the gate for him. That was seven years ago, the head Guard still waits for his friend patrolling the borders every day. Not this day though, he was with Lady Pidge and her girls Layla and Alyssa "Keith! Keith!" A newer guard yells running up Pidge's walkway, "there's an injured man here that says he knows you. He traveled with the food run" both the adults stood. Allura nodded and kept watch of the two girls, playing along with them.

They made it down to the old guard tower, thats now a holding cell Hunk, Shay, and Coran were all there tending to the man on the cot. "Coran go back to patrolling I've got this" Pidge says as she rolls up her long sleeves, working on channelling her healing magics. The severe stab wound disappeared to a cat scratch, the man lay unconscious.

His body slim and tan, his clothes soaked in blood, his light brown hair long and tied up. "It doesn't look like him, does it?" Keith asks from the back of the group not wanting to look. Hunk made a sound of distress and pulled Shay out of the door with him. "He's a little more scarred up more than the last time I seen him. It is.. Keith.." Pidge give a teary eyed glace to her head Guard and best friend. She's so happy to have her other close friend back, but she seems worried.

"What's wrong?" The raven asks as he sits beside his lord. "After... Beezer.. I thought we wouldn't get anyone back..." She stops herself and snaps out of it, a weak smile appearing on her face. "I'm assuming you're gonna wait here?" Keith nods his eyes trained on the brunette infront of him, Pidge takes her leave.

A few days passed where Keith sat and watched over Lance's health. The fourth day the younger came back from his short patrol, to see the cot empty. He walked upstairs to see Lance's old room open, "Lance?" Keith called as he slowly walked around the broken brick, and splintered wood. There sat on the old table was the brunette, staring eyes wide and filled with tears.

Lance stood and hugged his old friend, slightly sobbing into his armour. "I'm so sorry Keith! I- I regret leaving, because then I just couldn't get out of the nether and Zarkon with his knights kept hurting us. Then when I finally escaped someone stabbed me and robbed me, and I made my way here."

Keith wanted to speak, but all he could do is hold onto what could be a dream. "You're here now Lance. That's all that matters, you're safe." Pidge whispers as she enters the room, scaring both boys.

SHAMEFUL self promo brought to you by
That one gay dude who writes this crap.

I have a new book out it's called

Letters To and Fro

It's notes from my friends to me or to others
Or notes from me to my friends or to myself.
I'm warning you, the book could get Angsty, Depressing, Happy, love filled. Anything and everything in-between.
The book is from real people trying to get their feelings out.
My friends will write their parts, and I would only read if they wanted. And I'd only publish if they wanted.
Consent is important! My phone (that's offline like 24/7) is a center for conversations between our friends. So yeah)