11. Getting On Nerves!

Start from the beginning

"I was just passing by, so decided to return it you. And anyways, I didn't wanted to keep anything that belongs to you, with me for too long. " That was mean.

"Thank you once again Sir. " I told him firmly with a professional look and he nodded before turning to leave.

Suddenly we heard a loud thunder storm causing me to shriek and he immediately turned towards me.

"Are you okay Miss. Murthy? " He asked as I gulped, trying to compose myself.

"Y-yeah. " I nodded and he looked at me with worry.

"Go inside. " He said and I gave him a nod before taking my steps inside.

And as he turned to leave again, something caught my attention.

"You came by stairs? " I asked and he stopped before turning to look at me again.

"I mean since there's no electricity, the lift must not be working. " I reasoned shrugging.

"Yeah, I came through stairs. " He said and my eyes widened.

"Sir, it's 17th floor. " I said in disbelief and he shrugged.

He could easily sent someone else or better given it to me tomorrow, but he came by himself. Why?

"Water? " I asked and he thought for a while before nodding.

"Please come in. " I invited him inside and he came inside my house.

I asked him to sit on the sofa before going inside the kitchen to get water for him.

Weird man he is. I mean who climbs so many stairs just to return a cell phone to his employee and especially when he could have easily returned it to me tomorrow. And by the way, the justification he gave was utterly non sense.

I took the tumbler filled with water and went outside to find him reading something.

Frowning, I went near and found him reading my Mom's special diary. No way!

"Sir. " I called him and he looked at me.

"She loved you more. " He said and I forwarded the glass to him.

"I'm really sorry Sir but that's way too personal for an outsider to read." I told him firmly and he raised his eyebrows.

Keeping the diary down, he got up and left without even taking the glass of water.

I DON'T CARE!

I went their to close the door but he appeared out of nowhere and held the door before I could close it.

"Where's Nalini? " He asked causing me to frown.

How can someone be so weird?

"Sleeping. " I lied and he frowned.

"I don't like liars Miss. Murthy. " He said narrowing his eyes which really triggered me.

And I don't like people who unnecessarily intrude other people's personal lives. This is exactly what I wanted to say but again, I've already said enough and he's my boss and on top of that I really need to keep this job, for which I cannot talk to him disrespectfully.

"I'm really sorry Sir but I don't see how it concerns you, where my sister is. " I told him and he narrowed his eyes even more.

"When I ask you a simple question Miss. Murthy, ANSWER ME. " He said the last part through his teeth and I exhaled deeply trying to calm myself down.

"Her holidays have begun, so she has went to our uncle's place." I told him and he nodded.

"I'll leave. " He said.

You should!

He took a step back and I really really wanted to close the door on his face but of course I cannot! Earlier, I had no idea that I had this much self control.

"Be on time Miss. Murthy. " He said before turning to leave and I finally closed the door of my house.

Locking it, I went to sit in my balcony once again and closed my eyes feeling the cold breeze, trying to calm myself.

This man really knows how to get on someone's nerves.

---------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Malhotra knows how to trouble her!

Don't forget to turn the white star orange and drop a comment before you leave.

Love
Aashi❤