Chap 37

Five's POV
"So I can have a chat with her. Face-to-face." I told Cha-Cha. I quickly glanced at Y/N.
She looks like she's about to murder them.
"About what?" Cha-Cha asked me.
"Well, I don't believe that's any of your concern."
"Just don't tell her about the briefcase."
I shrugged, "Fair enough."
She walked over to a public phone and I grabbed Y/N's hand before walking back to the car. I slowly intertwined our fingers and turned to face Hazel and Cha-Cha. I looked at Y/N and saw her staring off into the distance. I squeezed her hand.
"Y/N, are you ok?"
She looked up at me, "Yeah...yeah I'm ok...just a little worried..."
"About what?"
"You're not going to leave again, right? You'll stay here with me...like you promised right?"
I nervously swallowed, "Yeah...yeah don't worry."
She sighed and smiled, "Good. I don't know if I could handle you leaving again. I might snap!" She chuckled.
I nervously chuckled along.
Shit.
Luther walked over to us, "What happens now?"
"Now we wait." I spoke calmly.
I saw Luther glance at me and Y/N's hands and I quickly turned a slight red. He smiled at me and I rolled my eyes.
I felt Y/N let go of my hand and move her hand up, holding my upper arm with both her hands. She rested her head against my shoulder and I turned crimson.
"Y/N?"
"Yeah Five?"
"I...I really care about you...and um...you're really i-important to me...and...and I really appreciate you..." I stumbled over my words, not knowing what to say. I heard her chuckle and slightly tighten her grip.
"You're important to me too Five."
I blushed slightly and smiled.
It was silent as Cha-Cha stepped away from the phone. The silence was broken as we all heard and ice cream truck. Y/N let go of me and we walked around Luther to see what it was. It got closer and Luther turned to me, "Is that her?"
The three of us looked into the truck as it drove by.
Klaus waved at us and I saw Diego on the other side.
Holy shit
"What the hell is he doing here?" I heard Y/N.
They started to drive quicker towards Hazel and Cha-Cha.
"It's a setup!" I heard Cha-Cha yell and she started shooting at the truck. They fired a couple shots at us and Luther pushed me and Y/N behind him. Y/N stomped on the ground and a rock platform shot up in front of us protectively. I heard Hazel and Cha-Cha get hit by the truck before everything stopped. I peeked out from behind Luther and walked over to Y/N. I briefly studied her face before walking out and looking at a bullet that was frozen mid-air.
"Near trick isn't it?"
I turned around to face the voice. It was the Handler. I walked over to her and she spoke again.
"Hello, Five. You look good, all things considered."
I spoke, "It's good to see you again."
Lies
She spoke, "Feels like we met just yesterday. Course you were just a little bit older then. Congratulations on the age regression by the way. Very clever. Threw us all off the scent."
I scoffed, "Ah well, I wish I could take credit. I just miscalculated the time dilation projections and...well you know. Here I am."
"You realize your efforts are futile. So why don't you, tell me what you really want."
"I want you to put a stop to it."
"You realize what you're asking for is next to impossible. Even for me. What's meant to be, is meant to be. That's out raison d'être"
"Yeah? Well how about survival as a 'raison'" I pulled out a gun and aimed it at her.
She shrugged, "I'll just be replaced. I'm but a, small cog in a machine. This fantasy you've been nurturing, about summoning up your family to stop the apocalypse, is just that. A fantasy. I must say though, we're all quite impressed with your initiative, your...stick-to-it-niveness. Really quite...quite something. Which is why we want to offer you a new position, back at the commission, in management."
I scoffed, "Sorry, what's that now?"
"Come back to work for us again, you know it's where you belong."
"Well it didn't work out too well the last time."
"Oh but you wouldn't be in the correction division any longer, I'm talking about...the home office. You'd have the best health and pension, and end to this ceaseless travel. You're a distinguished professional in...schoolboy shorts. We have the technology to reverse the process. I mean you...you can't be happy like this."
I'm happy because I get to be with Y/N like this.
While she was talking she had slowly gotten closer to me and pointed my gun down.
I thought about what I was going to say.
"I-I'm not looking for happy."
She reached up and stroked my cheek, "We're all looking for happy."
Ew don't touch me
The only person I would let do that is Y/N.
"We can make that happen." She spoke, "we can make you...yourself again."
I looked away from her and at Luther and Y/N.
"And what about my family? And Y/N?"
"What about them?"
"I want them to survive." I looked at Y/N, "They're important to me..." I spoke softly.
She sighed and looked over at Klaus and Diego. Then she looked over at Luther before finally looking at Y/N.
"It's the girl isn't it. Y/N over here." She walked over and stood next to Y/N. "You have unique taste Five. Y/N is something else, but easy to kill? She is not. I've sent many agents after her, trying to kill her in fear that she might alter the time line. Oddly, she never tried to. She was only looking for you. That's the one you chose to fall in love with? I guess she does seem like a perfect match for you." She walked back over to me. "And your family? All of them?"
I scoffed, "Yes all of them."
She reached into her pocket and put on some sunglasses, "Well...I'll see what I can do."
She held out her hand to me. "Do we have a deal?"
I looked at her hand, "One thing." I spoke.
I walked over and took the bullets out of Hazel's gun. I grabbed a mid-air bullet and aimed it so that it would catch in Y/N's rock structure. I walked over and looked at her face, studying it. I sighed sadly.
"Y/N I'm sorry..." I whispered to her.
I walked back over to the Handler. She held out her hand to me. I begrudgingly grabbed it and shook it.
I'm so sorry Y/N
There was no other way
You'll be ok without me...
I hope...