🎯 Ropes

To suffer from target panic is like having his hands bound by ropes he couldn't get himself out of. To suffer, for so long, is even worse. Drawing the bow but couldn't fire, pulling the string but couldn't focus. Looking at the target but couldn't hit. It was a life Minato never imagined would happen to him. A life held down by ropes, a life where he would lose interest of the one thing that sparked it in the first place. Minato stood across the target a few meters ahead. Everyday, he did stand in the same position doing the exact same process hoping to fire and aim. It never hit, not even close, but still he tries. Today is not an exception as he slowly, gracefully pulled the string. The feeling he dreads came sooner than he realized because he started trembling, eyes widening in horror. Suddenly he couldn't think straight and all he could feel is his labored breathing and distraught figure. That. That's what target panic does to him. An image of you saying there's nothing to be afraid of appeared out of the blue. You were smiling, cupping his cheeks, whispering sweet nothings. It was too surreal his troubled mind calmed down. Yes, do not fear, he could almost hear your soothing voice. Like we practiced, love. Minato closed his eyes. Everything became clearer once he opened them and he managed to breathe, to focus, to shoot. Bound by ropes? It only took Minato one thought of you to break free from those.