Chapter 48

Chapter 48

Logan's P.O.V.

My paws thundered against the ground as I ran after Jackson, the sight of my mate bloody and injured on the ground on full display in my mind. As I saw it again, my vision filled with red. Damn you Jackson! I growled, following his scent to a pair of doors that had been thrown open in his haste to escape.

They led out into the forest, my father's brown wolf visible in the distance, maintaining a decent pace despite the injuries I'd inflicted on him. I caught up to him without a problem,  launching myself onto his back.

We both crashed onto the ground, his body below mine. He growled at me, but I didn't even hear it over my anger, letting my wolf's animalistic side take over as I bent down and bit into one of his front paws. He fought against me, trying to shove me off as he yanked at his paw.

With a growl, I ripped it from his body, throwing the limb behind me. His howl of pain resonated thought the night, contentment filling me as I watched him suffer. He deserves to. My claws easily tore through his flesh, raking across any part of him that wasn't bleeding.

I ripped open his stomach, his intestines spilling out with the gush of blood, his body weakening until it was back in human form once again. He looked up at me with pleading eyes, his hands trying to keep his innards from falling out completely.

Blood bubbled past his lips as he struggled to breathe. "Please, don't do this son." I recoiled in disgust at the fact that he thought that he had the right to use that word with me. "I realise how wrong I was now. I give you my word, I won't bother you again." He continued to beg.

You're word doesn't mean jack to me, you lying fucker. I snapped at him, my wolf eyes narrowing as I began to ravage his flesh, tearing him into bits. His blood coated the fur of my snout as I unleashed the full force of my fury onto him, doing it not just for what he had done to me, but to my mate as well. My wolf grew more and more contented with every crack or squelch that filled the air.

***

Once I finally stopped, he had not been moving for a while, the splinters of bone and shreds of flesh and skin all that was left of the disgusting man that used to be my father. There was still anger within me, urging me to just spend it on whatever remained of his corpse.

The only thing that stopped me was the pain that flashed in my chest, the pain that could have only come from Chelsea. Mate! My wolf wailed. Before I knew it, he had me up on my feet, forcing my legs to run to her faster than I'd ever run for anything. Please, don't do this Chels! I thought to myself, seeing her still spread out on the ground, her body covered by a cloth, blood seeping into it where it lay over her chest.

No, no, no! I kept repeating that in my head, wishing that my ultimate nightmare wouldn't ever come true. Please no. I shifted back, throwing my shorts on as I sprinted the rest of the way to her side in human form.

The sight of her injuries up close brought me to my knees as I came up to her, my arms encircling her as I pulled her onto my lap. Chelsea, what have I done? I asked myself, the guilt crushing me.

“I’m so sorry baby. I’m so sorry. This is my fault, all of this.” I admitted, slowly rocking us to try to give myself a distraction from pulling out my hair with the helplessness of my situation. She's dying, and there's nothing I can do. I confessed to myself, the thought of a life without her crushing my heart. "He made me-" I began, just as she placed a hand over my cheek, before pressing her index finger to my lips, evidently causing her pain as she winced slightly.