Chapter 41

Chapter 41

So I needed to get this chapter up ASAP because it was actually suppose to be published with the previous one but it wasn't exactly ready. Hope this clears up any confusion about when this was all happening XD. Enjoy ^ ^

Logan P.O.V.

It had been about two days since I’d gotten out of my chair to do anything, my tired eyes always watching for any signs of my mate waking up. I heard the door opening behind me, Ethan’s scent permeating the air as he walked over to me. I got up, my muscles protesting slightly with the sudden movement after such a long period of stillness.

“Logan, have you eaten anything since her accident?”

My gaze travelled to my best friend’s concerned face as I motioned to the bottle of water in my hand. “I’ve been drinking water.” I mumbled in reply; settling on the bed by my mate’s hip.

Ethan shook his head, pushing a sandwich into my hand. “That’s not food. Please just eat this; Chelsea won’t be happy if she wakes up to find that you haven’t been taking care of yourself.” He said as he crossed his arms; his sullen gaze travelling to our still-unconscious Luna.

I didn’t protest as I ate the sandwich as quickly as I could, not really tasting any of it. I finished off the water in my hand and placed the bottle on the bedside table next to the others. “You didn’t just come here to give me a sandwich, did you?” I asked, already sure of his answer.

I saw him sigh as he shook his head, running a hand over his face. “No, I didn’t.” He admitted, his expression remaining serious as he continued.  “Logan, considering what happened, we should-,” I knew where this was going and I wasn’t keen on hearing it, the mere thought of what he was implying making me sick.

A growl left my lips, my fingers gripping the sheets below me tightly in agitation. “Drop it.” I snapped. “I’m staying here with her. If I leave, and she wakes up without me here she’ll-.” I couldn’t bring myself to finish that sentence, fearing any conclusion my mate could come to if I were to leave her side.

I almost couldn’t believe it when I heard the soft, raspy whisper of my mate’s beautiful voice.  “Logan.” My wolf was overjoyed as he felt Chelsea’s wolf calling out to him.

I bent over her, the relief do doubt showing on my face. “Chelsea, you’re awake.” I muttered, my eyes lingering on hers.

 “Water.” She choked out. I easily heard her, helping her sit up as I pressed a glass of water into her hand, having chilled a few bottles for her every morning.

“I’ll tell the others she’s awake.” I heard Ethan say behind me, leaving us as he slipped out the door. I paid no mind to him as I continued to watch my mate as she emptied her glass of water.

After her third glass, I pulled her into a tight embrace, sighing contently at the feeling of my mate’s body in my arms. I rocked her back and forth slowly, burying my face in her hair as I breathed in her sweet scent. “I was so worried about you. You’ve been unconscious for three days now. The doctor said you were hit so hard you had a concussion.” I murmured solemnly.

Her face was worried as she spoke next. “What happened while I was out?”

I stiffened at the reminder of what my vile father had done. “Your brother found you a few hours after you left the house. He said that whoever knocked you out didn’t do anything but leave you bleeding on the ground.” I spat in an agitated whisper.

She could probably sense my negative emotions, pulling away so her eyes could study my face. Her fingers brushed against my face as she continued to watch me. “Did you find out who did it?” She asked, barely audible.