Chapter 44

Hey guys, as its getting so close to the end, its getting harder and harder to press that publish button, but here goes! Hope y'all enjoy! -Roxy

Chapter 44

Logan P.O.V

"Logan." At that very moment, as my name fell from her lips, it was like time itself slowed down to give me a chance to truly savour the brush of my mate's voice against my skin after such a long time of just what lingered of her in my imagination, to keep me sane. Unfortunately, the moment didn't last as our harsh reality snapped back into place around us.

My wolf's worry over his mate intensified as we took in her dishevelled appearance. Her hair was a wild mane around her head, bits of rock and debris woven into the strands. A growl tore its way up my throat at the sight of her tattered clothing and the trail of blood down her legs. Even so, she was still so beautiful to us it hurt.

What that fuck has he done to our mate?! My wolf demanded, my eyes flashing black as they whipped to look at the man who currently had my mate at gunpoint, which was not one of his best life decisions, judging from the way my wolf was fighting to shift, my claws forming as the hate fuelled my rage. "Get the hell away from her, you sick bastard!" I snapped, advancing with violent intent clear in my face.

My father seemed amused by that, the sinister smirk on his face widening as a door across the room burst open, sending in a flood of Seekers. I didn't flinch as the pack members barged in behind me, having already finished off the Seekers on the upper levels. “I wouldn’t take another step if I was you, unless you don’t care about that little fucker your mate is carrying inside her.” What?! I thought, my eyes flashing to Chelsea for a moment, seeing her distraught look as she watched me with pleading eyes.

Pleading for me to help her, save her, protect her, as I always should have done and that I now vowed I would for the rest of our lives. I just need to get to her. Please God let me get to her. I pleaded, halting my steps. Nobody move. I ordered, my eyes narrowing at Jackson as the pack members fell into attack stances around me, their eyes watching the Seekers with unwavering vigil as I felt their worry for their Luna vibrate through our bond.

A small smile appeared on my mate’s lips and I knew she could feel it too. Chelsea, baby, I’ll get you out of here. I said to her privately, watching her eyes shine with hope as they met mine. I know you will. Was her response, her voice filled with nothing but pure conviction. My focus returned to Jackson’s sickening face. “Enough with the lies Jackson, I’ve reached my limit of your bullshit.” I snarled; the hair sprouting from the nape of my neck.

His finger pressed against the trigger, the bodies of the shifters around me coiled tightly, just waiting for the moment to spring forwards. “Tell them.” He had the nerve to demand that of my mate, his eyes training on her. She gave him a glare as his gaze dropped down to her stomach in warning. Her face morphed to one of weary excitement as she looked at me.

“It’s true.” She admitted; giving me a small smile as her hand came up to touch her stomach. “We have a little pup.”

And just like that, the situation become twice as infuriating, as I thought of how easily my father could cause not only my mate, but our pup harm as well. “You did.” Jackson muttered, just as the sound of a gunshot rang through the room, acting like a switch as chaos ensued. Blood Moon pack members charged forwards, meeting the seekers at inhuman speeds as they began to tear them apart, soaking the ground in crimson.

All that could be heard were battle cries from the Seekers and growls from the shifters, the sound of cracking bone and tearing flesh filling the room around us. I couldn’t feel, hear or see anything else as I watched in horror as Chelsea collapsed to the ground, her hand clamped over the wound in her abdomen as blood seeped past her fingers.