Chapter 21

Sorry this took so long everyone, it was a hectic week :) So anyway, enjoy!

Chapter 21

I woke up as something pressed itself onto my chest. The moment the pressure registered; my eyes flew open. I squinted in the bright sunlight; my sensitive eyes still not used to the sudden change from the darkness of my dreams during my extremely peaceful sleep the night before. Surprise surged through me as the memory of where I had last been awake came back to me. Why is there sunlight in an underground prison?

I tried sitting up, only then realising why I’d felt so calm and safe. Logan had his arms wrapped tightly around my waist; his head nestled under my neck. The blood rushed to my cheeks as I felt his warm breath wash over my breasts as he snored softly.

There was just enough space between us for me to look down, allowing me to finally notice how we were wrapped around each other. His legs were tangled with mine; one of my legs trapped under his body and the other wedged between the two of his, the bundled up duvet at our feet. My arms were around his neck; one of them stuck under his head.

How the hell did this happen? I wonder silently as I worked on detangling my legs; slowly prying my pinned one out from under him. He seemed to stir but thankfully didn’t wake up. I wasn’t eager to hear what he had to say if he woke up to find me in his bed for the second morning in a row so I did everything as quietly and as gently as possible.

After what felt like ten minutes of struggling, I finally managed to pull myself away; a small part of me whimpering as I moved away from my mate; even if the distance was only a few measly inches. I easily ignored it; sitting up as Logan’s harsh words from the morning of the day before replayed in my mind.

The ache in my heart reminded me why I had to pull away from him in the first place; so I could get out of the room before he woke up. I still had no idea how I’d gotten here; but there was no way I was going to stick around to see what my mate thought of my presence. The thought of him reacting the way he had before had my heart beating erratically in panic.

Warmth surged through me for a moment when I realised that I had spent another night in Logan’s arms but the feeling soon disappeared as he began to stir again. I couldn’t even breathe properly as I watched his hand search the mattress.

He’s looking for you. A small voice in my head, whispered. I mentally laughed; sounding extremely bitter, even to myself. Get a grip Chelsea, he wouldn’t want you near him if you got down on your knees and begged. I snapped harshly.

Despite the negative response I anticipated from him, I was excited to feel his skin against my own. That’s pathetic. I scolded myself; incredulous at the fact that I could still feel that way despite the way he’d treated me most of the time I’d been here. His fingers slowly crawled towards my exposed thigh; his shirt that I had on already rolled up to my waist.

Not one of my muscles twitched as his hand brushed against my skin. It felt like he was searing my skin where he touched me; the sparks that always shocked me when we touched sending tingles though my body all the way down to my toes.

His eyes began to open; blinking a few times as they adjusted to the light. When his grey eyes landed on my green ones; I finally snapped out of my Logan-induced daze. “Chelsea.” He muttered; his expression confused. I wasn’t going to stay around long enough to see it shift into anything else; worried of what emotion would probably come next.

I shot out of the bed; ripping my leg away from his hand as I stumbled rather unsteadily to my feet. I watched in horror as he sat up in response; looking completely alert. “I’m sorry, I’m already leaving.” I muttered; not really sure what I was supposed to say. He opened his mouth to say something, but I didn’t bother waiting for him to speak.