Chapter 36

Hey everyone...sorry if this isn't the most interesting chapter. It's more of a filler :P

Chapter 36

I felt pain in my lower back, the kind that came with lying down for too long. I tried to lift my arm but it was like my muscles were so used to being stationary that it was more difficult than it usually was. The same thing happened when I tried to pry my eyes open. Panic began to overcome my body when I heard my mate’s voice. At least my ears still work, I huffed to myself.

I decided to focus on what Logan was saying, seeing as I couldn’t do anything else at the moment. “Logan, considering what happened, we should-,” I heard Ethan say; the sound of my mate growling cutting him off.

“Drop it.” He snapped. “I’m staying here with her. If I leave, and she wakes up without me here she’ll-.” He caught himself; deciding to sigh instead of finishing his sentence, much to my annoyance. I tried to open my eyes again; succeeding this time as the sight of my mate sitting on the bed I was currently lying on, by my hip, came into view.

A quick inspection of the room made me realise that we were in our bedroom back at the Blood Moon Pack Alpha house; my body now clad in one of Logan’s shirts, hidden from the waist down by the thick black duvet on the bed. I brushed my fingers against my mate’s hand which was crumpling the bed spread with agitation; his knuckles white from how tight a hold he had on it. “Logan.” I muttered; my voice raspy from lack of use.

My mate’s face was hovering over mine in a second; his expression one of pure relief. “Chelsea, you’re awake.”

My throat was too dry for me to speak. “Water.” I forced out. He understood immediately, helping me up as he passed me a glass of water. I wanted to argue that I could sit without his help, but I could tell that I really couldn’t; leaning into him for support as I emptied the large glass of crisp, cool liquid in one breath.

“I’ll tell the others she’s awake.” I heard Ethan mumble, leaving the two of us as he slipped out the door. My mate barely heard him as his eyes remained glued to me.

After I finished my third glass, Logan crushed me to his chest; rocking me back and forth slowly as he buried his face in my hair. “I was so worried about you. You’ve been unconscious for three days now. The doctor said you were hit so hard you had a concussion.”

My eyes widened; his words making me recollect the events of the last night I remember. The panic from earlier immediately attacked me again, my whole body going cold as various, horrific scenarios of what could have happened while I was unconscious filled my mind. “What happened while I was out?”

I felt Logan stiffen from the reminder of what had happened to me. “Your brother found you a few hours after you left the house. He said that whoever knocked you out didn’t do anything but leave you bleeding on the ground.” He growled in an agitated tone. I pulled away and met his gaze; stroking his cheek as if to tell him to calm down.

My eyes studied my mate’s tired face; his hair standing out in all directions as if he’d run his hand through his hair a few hundred times before I’d woken up. His eyes were surrounded by dark circles; my fingers brushing against the stubble on his jaw. He hadn't looked that bad since the time I'd left a while ago.

“Did you find out who did it?” I asked in a whisper.

He shook his head. I saw something flash in his eyes but it was gone before I could properly catch it. “No, but when I do, they’re fucking dead.”

I could see that he was slowly becoming more and more enraged; his eyes darkening as his arms around my body began to shake. I pulled the collar of the shirt I was wearing away from my neck; peering inside. I met his confused gaze with a smirk playing on my lips. “Who changed me?”