Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I couldn’t see anything past all of my blinding rage. My mind was only clear enough to sense that she was thrashing below me and that was all I really needed to know. I easily pinned her arms against her body with my knees as I straddled her waist.

I raised my fist to punch her; but she was surprisingly strong for a-used-to-be blonde bimbo. She managed to push me off and away from her. I smacked into a rack of panties and before I could jump out of the way; lacy thongs were raining down onto me. I grabbed a nearby hanger and threw it at Kat’s face. It hit its mark and I heard her let out an annoyed growl as it smashed against her forehead; leaving a nasty gash that stretched across her forehead from her hairline all the way down to one of her eyebrows.

She stomped over the plastic fragments of the hanger; that had flown all over the floor on impact, as she stalked towards me. I was on my feet in a moment. My human side wanted to stop fighting and talk this over but I wasn’t in control of my body right then; my wolf was, and she was out for blood.

Even though I hadn’t had a mate for very long; it was a known fact that all wolves; no matter male or female, are all very possessive of their mates and little miss crimson in front of me had just openly admitted that my mate belonged to her. There was no way my wolf would let that go. Not only was this girl a complete skank; but she was also a low-class, common she-wolf. I’m not trying to sound stuck up, but that was the truth.

An Alpha shouldn’t have any connection with a female like the piece of trash in front of me; he deserved better. He deserved a woman of higher rank; someone that could love him no matter his faults and would stick by him through thick and thin, this slut in front of me obviously wouldn’t. Even though he was mean to me all the time; he should be with someone who suited him; his mate, his other half, his Luna, or in other words, me.

 I was distracted as these thoughts ran through my head. Even though it was for only a second; it gave Kat an opening to throw a punch at my head. Her fist connected with my right cheek and pushed me back into a shelf covered in various bottles of lotion. I was upright again before she could take a step.

I was in front of her in a second and wrapped one of my hands’ around her neck; raising her as high as I could before throwing her down onto the hardwood floor. The air rushed out of her lungs as she landed hard. She opened her mouth to say something; but I didn’t give her the chance as I swung at her; the satisfying crunch I heard as my fist connected with her face, informing me of the fact that I had broken her nose. I threw punch after punch; blindingly swinging until I began to feel the blood.

The moisture on my hands immediately snapped me back into reality; shocking my human side enough to push through my wolf’s influence. When I looked down; I found myself still straddling Kat’s waist. I was kneeling on the insides of her elbows; effectively pinning her arms to the ground. Her top was slightly torn in the corner; showing off more of her already way too exposed skin. The sight of it truly had me nauseous. 

Her face was a bloodied mess. I could see that her nose was broken in several places; the bridge looking misshapen and incredibly crooked. I also noted a few cuts on her lips and the thick layer of concealer on her face was smeared and was covered in crimson to match her fake hair. She was still glaring at me; even while in what I imagined was a lot of pain from my knees still on her arms and the wounds I’d inflicted during my attack.

I knew that I should’ve let it go; but I had to make my point clear. I wanted to say that the attack was entirely the work of my wolf; but I had to admit that my human side didn’t really regret it. I grabbed her hair and pulled on it; tipping her head up. “Listen here; and listen well or that will be the last mistake you’ll ever make. Logan is mine; and he always will be. Stay away from my mate or next time; I won’t hesitate to break every bone in your body!” I snapped; before getting up and retrieving my paper bag with my purchase in it from Jen; who had found the time during my fight to pay for everything.