Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I frowned as his aura of power hit me. My guess was that he was the Beta of the Blood Moon pack seeing as I had already met their Alpha. “I’m Chelsea, and you are?” I kept my voice calm, trying to convince him that I meant no harm as my claws sliding out of view. He looked at me with a confused look on his face.

“What are you doing here?” He asked again, completely ignoring my question as his eyes turned black.

“Your Alpha brought me here.” I stated simply.

“Well, if that’s true, why wasn’t I notified?” He asked as he crossed his arms, his tone gruff.

I smirked. “I don’t know, why weren’t you?” I asked in a taunting tone, enjoying the fact that this guy was getting riled up. It was actually quite amusing. Even so, I did find it quite odd that Alpha Logan hadn't notified his Beta of my arrival.

He growled at me, my wolf reacting by growling back, the sound escaping my lips the same time it did from her. His eyes widened as his hands dropped to his sides. I had no doubt that the Alpha power in my blood was now oozing out in waves as my wolf felt the threat he posed to us. “You’re of Alpha blood?!” He demanded, right before he lunged to tackle me.

Or he would have if I hadn’t moved out of the way. He turned to me, his eyes wild as his claws and canines appeared. “What are you doing?!” I screeched, my claws appearing as well.

“I won’t allow you to stick around and threaten my pack!” He growled, as he lunged at me again.

I side stepped him, his body shooting by and sliding onto the polished marble countertop of the island in the centre of the large kitchen. “I’m not here to threaten anyone! I told you, Alpha Logan brought me here!” I yelled, hoping he would believe me.

He turned his black wolf eyes on me. “Why would he do that?”

“I’m his mate.” I snapped, an expression of pure shock crossing his face.

“What?” He demanded, his eyes returning back to their original colour, bright blue.

I relaxed and let my claws disappear. “You heard me, I’m his mate.”

“I don’t believe you.” He stated simply.

“Ask him then.” I said crossing my arms.

“Don't order me around.” He growled, as he got off of the counter. My eyebrows knitted together.

“I c-” Just then, Alpha Logan came through the kitchen door.

“Ethan, what are you doing here?” He demanded, his eyes already black probably from finding me in here with another male.

He bowed slightly. “I’m sorry Logan, I didn’t realise that you weren’t here. I was looking for you and found your mate instead.” He said as he turned and flashed me a look. The growl that came from my mate immediately pulled Ethan's attention back to him as he cleared his throat.

“Um, Gordon needs to know if you have a new route for the patrols.” My mate’s eyes flashed back and forth between black and gray as he once again fought for control for the second time today.

“No, I don’t.” He finally answered. “You are dismissed, Ethan. Thank you.” He said curtly. Ethan only nodded and walked out, leaving me to deal with my fuming mate.

I reached out to him. “Logan, are you alright?” I asked, dropping any formalities with him, seeing as he was, after all, my mate. My wolf was happy with the way his name sounded on my lips and from the way his shoulders relaxed, I guessed he did too.