Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I stood there with my mouth hanging open as Ethan climbed to his feet with an incredibly unstable Logan. My mate’s eyes ran over my whole body before he leered at me. He grabbed Ethan’s shoulder. “Who’s she?” He asked; his words slurred.

Ethan managed to get upright despite my mate’s condition. He flashed him a disapproving look. “You know who she is, Alpha.”

Logan seemed deep in thought for a moment. He turned his grey eyes on me. “Your name’s Chelsea, right?” I could only nod.

I crossed my arms and his eyes travelled down to my chest snapping me out of my confusion-induced trance. I ignored him as I narrowed my eyes at Ethan. “How much alcohol did you let him drink?!” I demanded.

He snatched the bottle that I hadn’t noticed was still in my mate’s hand, from him. “I didn’t let him do anything; I can’t stop him, you know that Luna. Anyway, don’t blame me; you caused this!” He accused.

My eyes became dark as my wolf heard the disrespecting tone he’d used. I growled; my canines lengthening. Logan’s head shot up at Ethan’s words. “Wait, she’s my mate?!” He asked; his eyes travelling the length of my body again. “Nice.” He murmured to himself. His appreciative tone had my wolf howling happily; though that wasn’t enough to get rid of my anger.

“How is this situation my fault?!” I demanded.

Ethan looked like he wanted to attack me; and he probably would’ve if he didn’t have to keep Logan upright. “You’re the one who threatened to leave!”

“How was I supposed to know that that would make him go out and get drunk! It’s not like he’s that fond of me or anything. He’s treated me like sh*t since I got here!” I yelled; my body shaking.

“You don’t understand anything!” He yelled back.

“You know what?! If you want me to understand tell me! Everybody around here keeps things from me and then I’m the one to blame for not understanding?! Well I’m fucking sorry!” I said; sarcasm dripping from every word. He growled at me; which had me growling back immediately. Before he could open his mouth; I spoke. “Don’t you dare growl at me, Ethan! I may be younger than you, but I am the rightful Luna of this pack and I will not have you disrespecting me!” I snapped; the Alpha power clear in my voice.

I saw his head lower slightly when my command hit him. On a normal day, I would've felt bad for letting my power loose on someone like that; but right then, I was too agitated to give a damn. We stood that way for a moment while he calmed down.

***

When he finally looked up; his blue eyes looked apologetic. “I’m sorry, Luna; you’re right. If I was in your place, I would be confused as well. I haven’t been very forthcoming with information and it wasn’t right of me to blame you.” He admitted.

His apology had bewilderment replacing my anger. “If you’re really sorry, you’d tell me what this” I gestured to the intoxicated Logan, “is all about.” I said; itching to find out what it was that made my mate act the way he did.

Ethan looked down at him. “I’m sorry Luna, I can’t.” He muttered; his blue eyes hesitantly moving up to meet my green ones. “A long time ago, I made him a promise never to do so. I can’t break that promise. If you want to know, you’ll have to ask him yourself.”

I sighed then nodded when I realised that there was no way to get the information out of him by force. “Its fine, I understand.” I grumbled.

Logan spoke up then. “What does she want to ask me?!”