Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Logan’s POV

I was silently fuming as I drove; my thoughts still stuck on my mate and that human at the mall. What the fuck was she doing?! I snapped. My wolf growled. This is your own damn fault for pushing her away! He replied. I studied her from the corner of my eye; Chelsea completely ignoring me as she stared out the window. I could feel her anger through the bond; which only served to make my rage build. What the hell gives her the right to be angry at me?! I almost didn’t hear my wolf mutter, all the shit you’ve put her through, over the crack of the steering wheel as my grip on it tightened.

When I parked in front of the house she flew out of the passenger seat faster than I could blink and stomped into the house. Her retreating back made me furious as the thought of my mate distancing herself from me filled my head, especially after what she had done at the mall; flirting with that human in front of most of my pack. It’s her pack too! My wolf argued.

I ignored him as I followed her into the living room. When she began to head to her room, I reached my breaking point. I grabbed her wrist; every fibre of my body pulsating with rage. “What were you doing with that human earlier?!” I growled; on the brink of being so angry that I could snap her wrist right there and then.

I noticed her eyes darken slightly as the rage I felt was mirrored in her own emotions. “Why do you care?!” She replied.

My expression was almost incredulous as those words left her lips. “You’re my fucking mate! You can’t go around flirting with every male thing that comes within ten feet of you!” I snapped.

She narrowed her beautiful, green eyes at me. “I wasn’t flirting!” She yelled; ripping her arm out of my grasp. I resisted the urge to grab her again and shake her until she saw sense. She growled at me before an odd look crossed her face. Her expression shifted and she suddenly looked disgusted as she pressed a hand to her mouth; her anger still flooding through the bond.

Another thought seemed to fill her mind as she grasped her chest. I tried to see what was torturing her but she had a mental wall up; effectively keeping me from peering into her mind. Before I could respond; she collapsed to the ground. All my anger vanished as I watched her writhe and twitch on the ground. I was surprised as of all things; worry for my mate, trampled any other emotions I could’ve felt at that moment. I couldn’t see her face as it was shielded behind her brown hair; but I could hear that she began to hyperventilate as her breaths got shallow.

The only thing I was thinking of at that moment was that my mate needed my help as I knelt by her. I could feel her wolf stirring right before she slashed three perfect cuts across my chest. I growled at the pain but I couldn’t move away from her; my need to help my mate overshadowing anything I felt. She crawled away from me and for the first time in my life I felt sympathy as I saw the desperate look on her gorgeous face. “Stay away from me!” She yelled.

She pulled her knees to her chest. “Chelsea-” I muttered; involuntarily taking a step forward as my wolf’s desire to soothe his mate doubled. Through the bond I could feel all the different emotions she did; the amount that crashed into me enough to make me dizzy. The one that stood out the most was the pain she felt; the sheer amount of it had my heart doing something I hadn’t known it was capable of before that moment; it was twisting violently because of someone else’s pain, as I realised I’d done this to her.

She growled; the claws of her hind paws tearing through her shoes. “Don’t fucking pretend you care!” She snapped; moving even further away from me. She looked so small and helpless that I couldn’t help but reach out to her. I hated to admit it but despite how much I’d tried to stop myself from feeling it, I really did care about her. She snapped at my hand; her canines already fully elongated. “I said stay away from me!” She yelled.