Chapter 13

Author's note: Hey everyone, sorry this chapter took so long....It took a few tries for me to get it right, hope you all approve!! Please continue reading! <3

Chapter 13

I opened my eyes expecting to see Logan fuming beside me. Instead, I found myself facing a blood splattered wall. I recoiled and launched myself back; landing in a puddle of the red liquid. I was on my feet in an instant. "What the fuck; Jake is that you?!" I demanded. I studied the rest of the room as I called out to him.

The whole room was stained red; the crimson very obvious against the room's white walls. The space was extremely bare; the only furniture in the small area, a bed beside a door that I assumed led to the bathroom. My eyes widened when I spotted a small body on the bed. It was pale and lying in a patch of blood on the bare mattress.

I wiped at my butt as I took a step closer to the motionless figure. I presumed that my legs would be covered in blood from when I had fallen on the puddle earlier but when I pulled my hand back to look at it; it was clean. I didn't bother wondering about it for long though; the condition of the figure on the bed quickly becoming my top priority.

When I got to the side of the bed; I reached out to pat the body's shoulder but my hand just went right through. The moment it did; I pulled it back; the thought of going through someone like that freaking me out. When I dared to look up from my hand; I examined the little body in front of me. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that it was a little boy.

He was like I'd said, very pale; his white skin a stark contrast to his black hair. At the sight of that hair; my heart sped up, my soul immediately recognising its other half; although he only looked twelve at the moment. I had no doubt that if he opened his eyes; I would be staring into two beautiful pools of light grey. When I realised that he wasn't moving, I instantly felt panic; although I knew that this was just a horrible dream.

I wanted to reach out and shake him; or just do anything to get him to wake up, but I knew that was pointless so I decided to check for any injuries instead; trying to judge his condition. I checked his head first; my eyes travelling over his forehead; partially hidden underneath his black hair, to his closed eyes; his long, dark lashes falling on his little, round cheeks, to his mouth that was opening and closing as he snored softly.

I exhaled in relief when I found that it didn't have any injuries. Unfortunately, the rest of his body wasn't in as good shape. His arms were covered in dark, purple bruises; all of them in the shape of what looked like chords, as if he had been tied up. A large tear on one side of his shirt revealed his abdomen which exhibited very new looking bruises that ran along his chest; the colour indicating the presence of broken ribs. His dirty white shirt was splattered with blood, along with the shorts he had beneath them.

The skin of his legs which were visible was covered in deep looking cuts, some of them still oozing some blood. Bile rose in my throat when I noticed that some of the cuts were covered in bruises, as if somebody had pressed on them to make them bleed harder; the thought of that happening to my mate making me sick to my stomach. My heart twisted painfully while I continued to gaze at the young version of my mate; the injuries that covered his body bringing tears to my eyes.

My head swivelled to the door I had seen earlier, when I heard heavy footsteps on the other side of it. The door flew open; revealing a tall, dark-haired man. His similar facial structure had me coming to the conclusion that that man was my mate's father. At first I was relieved he had arrived; relieved that someone could rescue Logan, seeing as I was powerless to do anything in this dream.

All of that relief died away when I saw the look he had on his face. It was a face full of hate; his facial expression null of any love or pity for his son's current condition. I immediately felt alarmed; standing protectively in front of my mate's prone body. When I turned to study him; I found that he was already awake; his large grey eyes filled with fear as they fell on his father. I saw tears pool in Logan's eyes as the tall man came closer; his eyes darkening as his claws lengthened.