Chapter 30

Chapter 30

It had been about a week since Logan told me about his mother and he now acted like a tremendous weight had been lifted from his shoulders; our relationship better than it had ever been. We were currently curled up on the couch; watching an episode of Pretty Little Liars. The sky outside was a dark blanket decorated with bursts of glowing stars; the moon partly hidden behind grey clouds.

***

We'd spent most of the day at the training grounds, my wolf more than happy to make an appearance as we sparred in our wolf forms. As usual, I trained with Camille, who I was gradually getting closer to. I was thankful that of the two of Logan's ex lady friends I'd met, there was at least one that was decent; Kat still hating my guts.

I wasn't sure if it was because she still wanted Logan or because I'd beaten her to a pulp the first time we'd met. Either way, she and I weren't exactly on talking terms.

I'd also had a few other training partners but Camille was my most frequent one; which was fine by me. I hadn't run into any of Logan's many other ex's after Camille, or if I did they had managed to keep it from me, much to me and my wolf's relief; both of us not very keen on the idea.

My bond to the pack was slowly strengthening; both literally and figuratively. Every day, I would meet more and more of the pack members; each of them treating me with nothing but kind acceptance. Our mental bond slowly developed as well, my ability to hear them in my mind increasing as the days went by.

The only downside was that I could sense the mental bond between me and the Delaney Pack slowly weakening, except for the one between me and my brother. I couldn't even speak to Dylan through the bond anymore; which Logan had responded to with nothing less than an ecstatic response, earning a playful slap on his arm from me.

***

My mate pulled me closer to him and I sighed contentedly. "Aria is so pretty." I grumbled quietly.

"She's alright. Nowhere near as pretty as my girlfriend, though." He replied; smirking down at me. I smiled in return; the blood rushing to my cheeks.

"I'll never get used to that." I mumbled.

"Get used to what?"

I ducked my head under his chin, embarrassed by how stupid what I was about to say, was. "Being complimented." I whispered.

He chuckled at my words. "I thought girls like compliments." He said after his laughter died down.

"I like it; I'm just not used to it." I muttered; looking up to meet his eyes.

He gave me an incredulous look. "I'm sure you've heard it from other guys before."

"Besides that nerdy creep at the mall and my brother, no." I replied.

"Your other boyfriends, never called you beautiful? Did you used to date blind men?" He asked; a crooked grin on his lips as he raised a brow.

I pulled at a few strands of my hair timidly. "I've never really dated anyone, Logan, besides you." My mate's smile fell as the words registered to him. "My parents never really let me and after they passed, my mind was never on the matter. I didn't even have my first kiss before you." I admitted; my eyes falling to my lap. He grabbed my chin as he pulled my head up. "I know, it's kind of embarrassing, but-" the words caught in my throat as he shook his head.

"It's not embarrassing, Chelsea. You have no idea how great I feel right now, just because you told me that I'm the first man that's ever gotten your affection." He pulled me closer to him as he cupped the side of my face. "The only thing that's embarrassing right now is how much I don't deserve you."