Chapter 34

Chapter 34

The world was shaking... That was the first thing that came to mind as my body was jostled around; my hands pulling at the covers as I buried my face deeper into the surface of whatever it was I was lying on. "Chelsea." A faraway voice mumbled.

I kept my eyes closed as I shook my head. "Let me sleep." I replied groggily.

"Baby, it's time to wake up." The voice; that my brain slowly registered as Logan's, continued. I noticed the tingling sensation on my shoulders then; my mate's warm hands against my skin. I cracked open an eye and flinched at the light; groaning softly. Logan immediately looked worried. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Sore?"

I raised a brow despite how sleepy I still was; clamping a hand over my mouth as I yawned. I titled my head up from its current position on his bare chest and blinked a few times to clear my vision from all the sun spots. "What?" I muttered stupidly.

He breathed a sigh of relief. "I thought that I'd hurt you last night."

I was about to ask him what it was he was talking about but then all of my brain decided to come back and it hit me like a tonne of bricks. I immediately shook my head. "No, I'm fine Logan; don't worry." I said with a smile; amused that he would get so worked up over something that sounded so silly. One of his hands came up to cup one side of my face; his thumb tracing my cheekbone.

"Sorry I'm being so paranoid. It's just that I didn't want you rushing into this and then waking up today to realise that you lost your virginity to an unworthy man like me. I've made so many mistakes in my life but this is the one that I would never be able to get over, because by doing what we did, I tainted you." He explained; his eyes meeting mine. "I'm still half expecting you to realise your mistake and leave right now."

I softly chuckled at his absurd statement; my heart skipping a beat at his words as what felt like the weight of a boulder lifted from my chest. He didn't say no because he didn't want me. I concluded to myself excitedly. "You didn't want to do this becuase you thought I wasn't ready and that you're still not worthy of me?" I pecked his lips once; sitting up. I had to do so slowly because apparently my body was sore; very, very sore everywhere. He sat up with me. "How many times do I have to tell you otherwise before you believe me?"

He touched my cheek. "And how many times do I have to tell you that that's how I feel."

My hands came up to rest on both sides of his face; shaking him as if to shake the sense right into him. "I will never want anyone else the way I want you. There will never be another man like you, to me." I pulled his head down to mine; our foreheads colliding. "You will forever be my Logan." I mused. "The one and only." My lips turned up in a reassuring smile as my eyes continued to focus on his.

The most genuine grin I'd ever seen my mate wear appeared in response to my words. "How did I get so lucky?" He whispered.

"I ask myself that very same question all the time." I muttered; wrapping my arms around his midsection as my head rested on his chest again. When we pulled apart; I noticed the brush of air against my bare back and realised that I only had the covers of the bed actually covering me. My cheeks warmed as my hand flew up to hold the fabric to my chest. I noticed Logan's lips turn up in a smirk from the corner of my eye.

"Need some help?" He asked tauntingly, pulling at the cloth in my hand.

I flashed him a sweet smile. "No thank you, I'm fine with this here." I snapped jokingly; swatting at his fingers. He pulled me to his side again.

"Can't I unwrap my own birthday gift?" He whined.

"You already did yesterday, don't you remember?" I demanded; flashing him a look of mock anger.