6

Why was she doing this Charlotte questioned as she walked through the woods trying to get to where the worst day of her life happened, and once again she hadn't told anyone where she was going. She knew it was stupid but if she told Nora she would tell Charlotte not to go and if she told Thomas he would try come along, and the person she was looking for wasn't a fan of others. Charlotte wasn't even sure if she would be able to find him since she had passed out right as he saved her.

After about an 30 minutes of walking Charlotte's mood completely shifted when she realized she made it to the spot where it all went down. She looked around searching for proof of that day a year ago, but nothing it looked as if no one had ever been here. But that day had been seared in her memory so she knew this place like the back of her hand in her nightmares she dissected every second trying to figure out if she could of prevented being assaulted. Falling to the ground her hands played with the dirt loving the way coolness of it felt on her hand, before she knew it she was laying on the ground crying. She would give herself this time because once she made it back to civilization the mask would need to go back on.

After her crying session Charlotte started wandering deeper into the woods she had no idea where she was going but she was listening to her heart. After another hour she came to clearing seeing the cabin she had only gotten a glimpse of on her departure from it. As she got closer she was shocked at what she saw the cabin was stunning, she could tell everything about it was built by hand; she was sure the clearing it sat in once held the the trees he used to build the cabin up. Charlotte fingered glided across the wood as she walked around the wrap around patio it was gorgeous out here the only noise was the sound of nature. As she got to the back she was caught off her guardian angel was shirtless and his skin was glistening as he chopped wood.

"What in the harlequin novel?" Charlotte murmured watching his back muscle work. She shook her head feeling bad for ogling the man who literally saved her from getting murdered by a gang of rapist.

"Umm H-AHHHHH!" She screamed falling to the ground as an ax came flying toward her. "Holy shit dude what the fuck? You could of killed me!" She screeched turning to see the the ax planted in the wood behind her. She raised her hands up in surrender. "It's just me well I guess you don't know who me is." Charlotte slowly got up hands still in her hair, her guardian angel was staring at her like she was shit on the wall.

"Umm hey sup." She was nervous and he wasn't helping with his glare. "I just-"

"Why are you here?" He actually growled out.

"Well I just wanted to thank you and well you never called me which I expected. But like yeah I know you probably don't care but it happened a year ago today and you are the only that knows besides me well that is living of course. I just thought maybe I could cook for you or something." Charlotte rattled on whenever she's was extremely nervous she just talked and talked.

He contuined to look at her like she was crazy. She walked down the back steps walking until she was standing right in front of him. His gaze unmoving  as he stared; she felt like prey being watched by a predator and although she was nervous she wasn't scared. As he watched he she watched him. He had to be at least 6'7, long dirty blonde hair and beard, and intense blue eyes; one word to describe him was rugged.

Charlotte held her hand out "I'm Charlotte Monroe it's nice to meet you." she said with a smile.

He looked at her hand and then looked back at her. "Leave" he walked passed her not even giving her a second glance.

She turned to look where he disappeared in her mind she knew she should just left but something in her stalked back up the stairs and followed into his home.

***************

When she entered Charlotte was pleasantly surprised to be honest the first time she was here she was so cracked out with shame she didn't realize how beautiful the inside really was. The wood on the inside was stained to be slightly darker then the wood outside. Looking around she could tell everything from the couch to the kitchen table were handmade the only things that weren't handmade were the appliance and a recliner. After stalking around the living room and kitchen Charlotte planted herself right in the middle of the living room, waiting for her guardian angel to exit from the back area of the cabin.

Her guardian angel came from his bedroom stopping to stare at her but his face didn't show any emotion beside distaste.

"So um this place is really beautiful. It's like what 1200 square feet?" She bounced in place feeling extremely nervous in his presence especially since she wasn't wanted there, but her body and mind just didn't want to leave. "Anyway sorry to barge in just. I don't know how to get back to my car and service up here is trash." He continued to stare "Okay I'm lying. Look I really just want to make you a thank you meal, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be standing here right now. Which you might currently regret since I refuse to leave but yeah just one dinner and I'll go."

He sighed in fustration running his fingers through is hair. "One meal then you leave and never come back." Charlotte clapped in glee removing her backpack while making a b-line the kitchen.

"Yay! Thank you I'm going to make you my favorite dishes and hopefully you like it." She smiled while pulling out all the ingredients she needed to make creamy spinach stuffed pork chops and mash potatoes. "Well actually this is my second favorite dish my first is pot roast but that takes hours to make."

Everything was finished about an hour later and Charlotte made quick work getting their plates set up at the dinner table.

"Okay there dinner is finished." She grinned taking a seat watching as he slowly stocked over. He picked up his fork stabbing the pork chop taking a bite. She watched eagerly hoping he like it, she watched him chewing his face not showing any emotion. Once he swallowed and turned his attention to her she looked at him hopefully. Instead of saying anything he took another bite and turned his attention to the meal in front of him. Her small smile turned into a huge one knowing he enjoyed it.

"So you know my name is Charlotte, if you feel comfortable can I have yours. To be honest I've been calling you my guardian angel..." She mumbled the last park but he looked up shocked at her confession. "Yeah I know it's childish or whatever but I'm really really thankful for you sir." She stood up rubbing her hands on her jeans. "Well it's going to get dark soon so I should probably go, thank you for having me even if I kind of forced it. Also again thank you for saving me again." Charlotte picked up her heading for the door.

"I'll take you back."

The ride back down was filled with silence but she didn't want force conversation plus she was sure the time she was with him was the longest conversation he had, had with a person in awhile.

"Thor" Charlotte heard right as her first foot touched the ground, she turned shocked.

"My name." He grunted.

She laughed shaking her head getting all the way out of his truck "It's very fitting. It's nice to meet you Thor." She held out her hand and this time he shook it, she was shocked at how rough they felt but it didn't bother her.

He nodded letting go she quickly got into her car driving away.

"Of course his name his Thor." She laughed to herself. "Saved by my favorite Avenger."

************************

N/A: Poll do you guys like face claims and photos to help paint the picture of the story.

I was going to use Brock O' Hurn as Thor's face claim but NAH I think Chris Hemsworth when he is Thor is a better fit for the face claim of my Thor. (Not going to lie Chris Hemsworth as himself isn't as attractive as Chris Hemsworth playing Thor imo)

Anyways if you like face claims I can add a chapter that shows who I imagine my characters to look somewhat like.