Skip//chapter 34

"Hey lar, im skipping school today with Ashley, please go to school, I love you have a good day" I say In a voicemail to Larry.
He still hadn't woken up. Making sure Ashley was ok was much more important than whatever the school was going to teach us today.
"Sally?"
"Yeah?"
"How do you... um.. how do you deal with nightmares"
"Well, I usually call Larry or talk to gizmo if Larry isn't up."
"Sal, I don't have anyone. Not even a pet. What the fuck am I supposed to do?"
I dig into my pocket and pulled out a silver key.
"Here, whenever you have a nightmare, come talk to me. If I'm not there, talk to gizmo, he's a great listener"
"No... I can't. Don't you need your key?"
"It's ok, I'll take my Dad's. He never really leaves home"
"Thank you Sally face."
"No problem. If you're ever having a tough time, talk to me or Larry, we love you ash"
"I love you guys too"
*~*
The last few hours consisted of Ashley taking pictures of me and us watching horror movies. Larry came over halfway through the day. He was "sick of the bullshit white privileged history the school teaches". I'm sure that was just the first excuse he thought of, it's the only one he hasn't used yet.
"Ok, let's be real, who is better, Batman, or iron man." Ashley asked.
"Well, I think iron man was a lot smarter so iron man" I responded.
"Bullshit dude, Batman may not be as smart but he still knew how to make a kick ass suit PLUS he's actually got a backstory" Larry said
"Dang Johnson, didn't know you were so passionate about Batman!"
"Shutup ash"
We laughed and talked about dumb shit the rest of the day like normal. Nothing was odd or out of the ordinary.
I was going to stay with Larry but Ashley insisted that I go home. So I did. Me and Larry went to my apartment because Larry missed gizmo. I fell asleep while Larry was taking hydrogen peroxide to a scratch gizmo gave him.