Rumors // chapter 15

Friday 1:00 am
I set the walkie talkie down. I'm stupid for thinking he'd answer. The nightmare still terrified me. Whatever this medication is doing it's awful. I couldn't sleep, I tried but I just kept feeling the pain in my shoulder. The feeling of being stabbed. It was so real, yet only a dream. I put on some sanity's fall in my headphones and put them on trying to sleep.

"S__?"

Did I just hear something? I take off my headphones to see.

"Sally?"

I sat up to see Larry In my doorway. I paused my music as he walked over and sat on my bed.

"Sal I'm-"

I hugged him tight. I missed him so much.

"I'm sorry Sal."

He said over my shoulder. The hug lasted a long time. I missed him. We pulled away and Larry placed a folded piece of paper next to me. It was the note. I set it down and sat mine next to his on the bed.

"Sal, I love you."

He said looking up at the ceiling

"I know idiot."

I said as I pulled him into another hug.

"I wrote this and when I came out of the lunchroom they were everywhere. I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to find this letter."

"Lar it's fine. You could have written it better"

"Ok, I know Jesus you nerd"

"I mean, you wrote 'their idiots'. T.h.e.i.r."

"Fight me Fisher" he said. This made me laugh.

Larry's POV:

Oh god he's so cute. His laugh. His smile. I loved that smile. I love him. Shit I'm gonna go for it.

Sals POV:

Larry kissed me. It was different than our first kissed. They were drunken and insincere. This kiss was passionate and gentle. I felt like I was melting. I love him so much. So god damn much. He pulled away and tucked a strand of my hair behind my head.

"Your eyes are sparkling"

"Shutup you dork"

"Awe but you love me."

"You're right"

Friday morning

I woke up in Larry's arms. We were cuddling. I felt my face turn red. We have school today, the only day of the week left. No more snow days. I checked my phone. 14 missed calls and 10 texts from Ashley.

- "Sal you up?"

- "Sal I have to tell you smthn"

- "hurry up and answer me you idiot"

- "Sal"

-"Sal"

-"Salllllyyyyy facceeeeee"

- "answer me you buttfuck"

- "sallll"

-"whatever asshole"

- "I'm going to bed"
I should text her now that I'm awake.
"Ashley what do you want"
"There's this rumor"

"?"

"That you and Larry are a couple"
I tapped Larry on the shoulder to make him up. His eyes fluttered open and I showed him the text.

"Fuck"

"What are we gonna do"

"I'll beat anyone's ass who tries to talk to you."
"Jesus Christ Larry"

"What!?"

I went to my closet and got myself some clothes and some of Larry's clothes. I threw Larry's clothes at him.

"Dude why do you have all my clothes"

"You let me wear them, just be glad you're getting them back at all"

I changed into a pink sweater and some new ripped black jeans. I went to the bathroom to brush my hair out. I pulled up my sleeves so I could wash my hands. The bandages were a few days old I should probably change them. I put my hair up and walked into my room to grab the bandages.

"Sal lemme help."

He said , grabbing the roll of bandage. He wrapped up my arms and kissed me on the forehead when finished. I put on my prosthetic and grabbed my backpack.

"You ready for School Lar?"

"YeH" he said rushing to meet me outside of the door.
We walked to school, pretty happily. Everything was good. I have a cute outfit and a cute boy by my side. We made it to the door and I braced myself for the teasing and the names. Larry grabbed my hands and looked into my eyes. I blushed but so did he.

"Sal, will you uh- be my boyfriend?"

"Yes! Of course Larry!"

He let go of one of my hands, keeping a steady grip on the other one. He looked at me and nodded before pushing the door open, still holding my hand. We made it to our lockers, gathering quite a few stares. Larry and I noticed Travis waking over to tease us when Larry grabbed my mask and pushed it up to kiss me, making sure no one could see my face but making sure Travis could see hat we were kissing. We pulled away, my face painted a bright red under the mask. Travis looked like he jut blew a fuse and all he did was walk away.

"That was easy"

Larry whispered into my ear as Travis walked off.

—-(time skip to lunch)—-

Me and Larry walked into lunch talking about the rest of our classes. We sat down at the table with chug, maple, ash and Todd. They just stared at me and him.

"So....?"

Ashley said.

"Are you guys a thing orrr..."

"Yeah" I replied immediately.

"Took you guys long enough"

Todd said inspecting his lunch.
We all laughed and finished our lunches.
—————
855 words
~~
I hope you like this chapter. Idk what to do with the rest of this book. I'll probably include something with Larry's meds or something sometime soon. I already know how I want to end this story but I won't be doing that anytime soon (around chapter 30-40) so don't worry. I don't think I'll have a cliffhanger for a while either so lucky you I guess lmao. I might do a few stand alone Travis chapters next because idk how to write the next chapters. Those chapters will still relate to the story. Ok that's it bye. 👋
-gearboi-