Scared// chapter 22

Saturday

Sals POV:

I woke up, still in Larry's arms. I could hear Ashley, Todd, and chug and maple in the living room taking. I tried to get up to get dressed but I wasn't able because Larry pulled me back.

"Larrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy...." I say as I'm being squished.

"Sally..."

"Let me go sleepy head"

"No"

He pulled me in closed, squishing me more.

"Larry ow you're hurting me"

He turned me around and kissed me on the forehead.

"You're such a baby"

"Get up"

I say to him before jumping out of the bed, before he could pull me back.

I put on some of Larry's sweatpants and one of his sanity's fall shirt.

I walk out to see everyone sitting and watching cop shows. Ashley is in the kitchen making hash-browns. I go to help her.

When we finished, I woke up Larry and yelled at Travis that breakfast was done.

There were no more seats on the couch so I sat on Larry's lap. Travis came in and plopped on the floor watching the tv. Ashley put a plate in front of him and then sat down.

"What are we going to do today?" Maple asked.

"Well I was thinking we'd go see Megan?"

"Who's Megan?" Travis said confused.

"You'll see, I was thinking that we could maybe fix up her bathroom. It's pretty nasty up there"

"Great idea sal, I have some old blankets my mom was gonna get rid of"

"Perfect"

—time skippp—

We arrived outside megans apartment and I guided everyone into the bathroom. Larry carried the blankets, Todd carried the cleaning bleach, Ashley carried a mop and some sponges, Travis carried his bible (Larry told him there were ghosts up here), and I carried my gear boy and a plunger. We got to work on the bathroom, Todd sprayed everything with bleach and Ashley cleaned everything off with the sponges, they got the bathtub done first.

Larry put the blankets down, making a bed thing for Megan. We finished the bathtub and I decided I'd get Megan now. I took my gear boy out and Travis looked at me.

"What's that? Is it like a gaydar? You tryna see if you're a homo?"

"Shutup Travis or I'll punch your teeth in" Larry said.

The gear boy lit up and Megan appeared in front of me. Travis's face went pale and he dropped his bible and held the cross necklace he was wearing.

"Hi Sally face! Hi Larry face!"

"What the fuck" Travis said

"Language Travis" Ashley said while scrubbing the sink.

"I like you're necklace! It's just like mine!"

"Oh uh... thank you.... are you Megan?"

"Yeah, who are you" Megan said cheerfully.

"Travis.."

Megan looked at me, I mentioned Travis to her before. I mentioned him as a bully.

"Sally..."

"It's ok Megan"

"Hmm..." Megan replied.

"Hey guys, a little help?" Todd said, and with that we were off to help him and Ashley clean the walls.

Travis's pov:

"So Megan, how old are you?"

"I think I'm seven... I asked mommy but she didn't respond to me... daddy was scaring her"

"Who's your dad"

"Oh... daddy's scary.. that's why mommy gave me this necklace, to protect me"

"Hmm"

"Did your mommy give you your necklace?"

"Actually, Yes"

"Oh just like me!"

Silence.

"Sally told me about you"

"Oh?"

"Yeah but it wasn't good... he said you were mean to him" Megan said with a frown.

"Oh... yeah I don't know why I did it.... I guess I just wanted to.... be friends with him"

"Punches are no way to get friends Travis."

"I know. I'm sorry"

"I have to go... daddy's coming... goodbye"

"Goodbye Megan"

And with that she was gone. I picked up a sponge and helped the others clean.

———(time skip to nighttime)———

Larry went to sals and I was in the treehouse. It's cold up here. I decided something that probably wasn't the smartest but I don't really care. I went inside to get warmer. When I got inside I noticed Sally's gear boy sitting on the bean bag. I decided to grab it and go talk to Megan. I made it up to her bathroom and the gear boy lit up.

"Hello s- Travis"

"Hi Megan"

"What brings you here?"

"Megan, I'm scared. I ran away from my dad..."

"Why?"

"Well, he hurt me... he hurt me like I hurt sally."

"Oh... dads can be scary sometimes"

"Yeah, i just think that... I'm going to have to see him again... and I don't want him to hurt me again"

"Here" she handed me her necklace.

"Oh, I can't Megan, plus I already have one"

"Travis... you need this more... it's ok!"

She disappeared again.

————

Sorry this chapter took so long, I didn't really have a lot of inspiration. I went back to every chapter and added the days so it's less confusing on the timeline. Next chapter won't take so long. ALSO thank you for 2k reads, that's literally amazing.
-gearboi-