His Jacket // chapter 3

Friday
That's when Lisa walked in.
"Oh my.. uh sorry I'll.."
I reached for my prosthetic and tried to hide myself out of embarrassment. My cheeks were bright red, the color of the paint I wiped on Larry's forehead. Larry began to explain.
"Mom it's not-"
"No no Larry it's fine, I should've knocked. Hey! What are you boys doing out of school anyway?"
I was so embarrassed. Of course she had to walk in at that time.
"Mom, sal broke his prosthetic so we came home to fix it"
"Larbear I will let it slide just this once but sal, I'm telling your father"
Oh. No. This is what I was afraid of.
"Lisa please don't! My dad would kill me!"
"Sal your dad deserves to know! You may not think so but he cares about you"
"But-"
"I'm sorry sal"
(A/n: sals dad isn't abusive in this fanfic)
—————-(time skip)—————
"Sal I'm just worried about your education"
My dad explained to me, sitting next to me on the couch as I refused to look at him.
"Why? You never cared before"
"Young man! calm down!"
"No!"
"Sal tell me why you skipped!"
"Fine. But I'm going back to Larry's after"
"Deal"
"I was walking to school alone because Larry wasn't awake yet and, and I started hearing this ringing."
God dammit why am I crying?
"I collapsed and everything was black, I tried screaming but there was no noise"
I had to take a break because I was crying and my voice was shaky. I was sniffling and crying. Im a mess. It's not even that big of a deal I'm fine now what is wrong with me!?. My dad looked worried.
"Calm down. What happened next"
He said. I'm somewhat hurt at the lack of emotion In his voice but I continue.
"Someone was screaming my name and then my prosthetic was gone and my heartbeat was getting louder and faster and that's when I woke up"
"Were you ok?"
"Yeah larry found me and that's when we walked home because my mask was broken"
"Ok we'll use your backup mask for now. Tell me If this keep happening. I don't want you getting hurt at school or anything"
"Fine"
"And I'm making sure Larry tells me if anything happens to you"
"Ughhhhh"
I walk to my room and jump down on my bed, grabbing my walkie talkie
"Larry face? Can I come over?"
I said while pressing the button.
There was a pause. he's probably just setting down his paint brushes or something.
"Of course sal, you know you really don't have to ask"
"Just don't wanna walk into something I don't wanna see. *cough* tissues *cough*"
"Ha shut up dumbass"
"K be down soon shitface"
I put on his jacket and walked to the living room. I said bye to dad and gizmo before grabbing my gear boy and keys and heading out. The music in the elevator was not the usual classic music that Todd had set but now it was queen. That was definitely ash. No wonder Lisa had been humming "we are the champions" when I saw her mopping the basement.
Using my key card and the extra key Larry gave me to his apartment I got into his house and his room.
"Hey shitface" he said mockingly
"Oh shut up"
"You still have my jacket sal?"
"Yeah its mine now bitch"
"You can have it for now but you aren't leaving with that"
"We'll see about that"
I plop down on his bed and watch him paint.
It's pitch black, I think he's just drawing the background but I'm excited to see what he's painting.
"Hey I have an idea"
Larry said out of nowhere, which caused him to fling a little spec of black paint from his brush onto his cheek.
"What?"
"Let's invite ash and Todd"
"Ok toss me your phone I'll text them"
Larry tossed me his phone, well chucked his phone at me.
I texted ash and Todd to come over but Todd was out of town.
Incoming call from: Ash
I picked up
" hey Larry"
"Nope it's sal"
"SALLY FACE!!!"
"Hi ash"
"Well I was just gonna call to see if you and Todd were coming!"
"Yeah I'm here but Todd is out of town"
"Well I'm bringing some beer and makeup so prepare to be BEAUTIFUL"
"Oh god, ok ash"
"OOo And hair-ties"
"We are not using my hair-ties so bring your own"
"Ok well tell Larry face I'm coming!"
"Of course"
"Bye sal!"
"Bye ash"
Ashley hung up and I started grabbing some blankets.
"Ashley is coming, larry face"
"I figured"
"I'm gonna go take these up to the tree house"
"Hold on I wanna make sure you don't fall"
"I'm fine"
"Still"
He cleaned up his paint mess and grabbed a few blankets and pillows. He made me carry them up to the treehouse so he could watch to make sure I don't fall. I went up to set things up for tonight, setting out the blankets, replacing all the dead batteries, cleaning up all the trash. When Larry came back I threw him a bag of trash and he handed me a box of alcohol, beer mostly.
This was going to be a great night.
———————————————-
832 words Jesus Christ.
👏👏👏👏👏👏
I'm REALLY exited to write the next chapter you don't even know. I wrote all these in one day because I have nothing else to do. Hope you liked reading this as much as I liked writing it.
-gearboi-