Chapter Thirty-Three

Buckle up, buttercups, this is gonna be a long one.

Daniel woke up on a bed as soft as a cloud - anything is an upgrade from the cave - and stared at the cream ceiling. He then heard breathing. Quiet and soft. His eyes trailed down to find Emma asleep on a wooden chair. He smiled and trudged out of the comfortable bed over to where she slept. 

He froze when he passed a mirror and caught sight of something he hadn't seen for a long time. The left side of his face. The scales were gone. Just smooth, peachy skin. The scowl from his face had vanished. Just a shocked expression. Stepping further back, he saw a young man, 26 or so, with sunflower eyes, bronze hair and a clean change of clothes. He couldn't remember the last time he looked in a mirror. He must have been around 19. Still a young man then. Now he had matured, his features had become more defined and developed.

"You look handsome," Emma smiled sleepily.

Daniel looked to the reflection of her.

"How do you do that?"

"What?"

"Be asleep for possibly hours and still look gorgeous,"

She laughed and blushed darkly.

He turned around and wrapped his arms around her waist while she wrapped hers around his neck.

"So beautiful," he whispered.

"You are," she whispered back before kissing him. When was the last time she kissed him? It had been far too long. After along time of kissing, they parted and lay down on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Ems?"

"Hm?"

"You don't hate me, do you?"

She looked to him,

"Dan, I would never ever hate you. I love you far too much."

"Well that's good,"

"Why?" she smiled.

"Because I still want to spend the rest of my life with you. You, me, the kids, our friends, just what we always wanted,"

She sat up.

"Really?"

"Really," he smiled.

She wrapped her arms around him and laughed out of pure delight.

---------------------------------------------------------

Catherine woke up and pushed what was left of her ginger curls out of her eyes. She was surprised when she felt the softness of her skin and the warmth of the bed. She sat up and squinted through what she thought was tiredness.

"Dragon boy?"

"Hi, Carrot-top," he smiled at her, holding a blurred silver object in his hands.

"What do you have there?" she asked.

"Glasses. Logan said you'll need to wear them more after I bashed you into that boulder," he laughed while she glared at him stifling a laugh. 

He walked over to the bed and handed her the glasses. She slipped them on and the whole world came into focus.

"Woah,"

"Did you forget how handsome I was?"

She rolled her eyes but smiled.

"No, Godzilla, I mean that this room is so...."

"Nice?"

"Wonderful,"