Chapter Ten

Logan woke to a blurry room, a blanket draped over him.
"What?" he mumbled.
"Afternoon," Roman smiled.
"W-afternoon?!" he exclaimed at blurry Roman.
"Mhm, you're cute when you're asleep, you don't talk as much,"
Logan stuck his tongue out but smiled.

"Could you pass me my glasses?"
"What's the magic word?" he smiled.
Logan sighed,
"Please?"
Roman laughed,
"Nope. Let me give you a hint. It's along the lines of Roman you're the most beautiful and charismatic man I've ever met,"
"Roman!" Logan laughed, pushing the other and moving his hands to the table.

He located his glasses and slipped them on, everything more focused.
"If you had any strength in you you may have actually injured me further,"
"Oh I have more strength than you could ever imagine," Logan said, suddenly serious.
"Ah! That brings me to my question,"
"Will it be followed by an explanation as to why you were climbing the vines?"
Roman smiled,
"That's part of the question."

Logan was puzzled and let Roman proceed.
"So, I was climbing the vines as a grand gesture to win you over and I saw you were talking to Virgil-"
'-what did you hear?!" Logan growled, his eyes softly flashing.
"I'm getting to that, silly,"
"Get to it faster, Prince,"
Roman was suddenly aware of the fact that he was alone in a room, several injuries to himself, with a powerful and angry sorcorer inches away from him.

He had an amazing excuse too.
His injuries were so bad he just passed away.
He didn't have to hide the body either.

Roman's speech stuttered with all of this running through his mind.
"I-um, well-um, f-funny story actually, uh-"
"-spit it out!" Logan yelled, his eyes glowing brighter now.
Roman flinched and held his hands in front of his face to protect himself, shaking slightly.

Logan's eyes immediately reverted back to normal. His lip quivered slightly as he asked in a shaky breath,
"Roman are you scared of me?"

He slowly lowered his arms.
"N-no?"
"Roman what did you hear?" he asked softly, nor wanting to scare the one he cared for so much.
"W-well you mentioned wings a-and magic and C-Catherine,"
Logan flinched at the name and it didn't go unnoticed by Roman.
"Who is she?" Roman asked, his turn for a soft voice.
"No-one, Roman, it's fine, she doesn't matter," he winced at his lie, "she's just and old friend."
"Fine? Logan, you just used three contractions in one sentence, she obviously means something to you,"
"Listen, she is not important, we need to focous on the fact you know,"

Logan explained the rules of secrecy, promising to show him his wings to gain his promise in return.

Roman's head still ran wild with the thought of Catherine: he couldn't shake the feeling she meant something. But what?

---------------------------------------------------------

Virgil was busy sewing his suit in one room while Patton was finding difficulty in the other. They wanted to keep the tradition of not seeing the brides dress by not sewing eachother's suits.

Virgil held several pins in his mouth while sewing, the needle flying through the fabric. He sewed his own cloak so this was pretty easy for him.

Emma swivelled around on her chair, watching how fast he was sewing.
"If you weren't a future Prince, you'd be a great tailor," she smiled.
Virgil gave her a muffled thank you.
"Remind me again why you worked a jewel stall?"
"Because I was fourteen and needed a job," he said clearer now, putting the pins to the side.

"I've still got the stones I bought, you know. I'm wearing one right now," there was a slightly visible silver chain around her neck and she pulled it up to reveal a teardrop shaped emerald.

"I don't remember selling you that,"
Emma blushed.
"Oh.."
She admired the gem in her fingers for a moment before letting it fall under her apron again.

There was an uncomfortable silence for a while before Dr. Okaer came in.
"It's amazing! Impossible!"
"What is it, doctor?"
"It's Prince Roman!" he exclaimed.

Virgil dropped everything and ran to the Prince's room. Emma knocked on Patton's door and they ran together.
"Roman!" Virgil exclaimed.

Roman smiled his trademark smile and waved with his good arm.

Virgil looked at him closer and noticed that the bandage on his head was gone, he looked much less pale and he had his legs crossed on the bed. The only injury he kept was his 'broken' arm.
"How?!" he demanded
"Doc's medicine really worked! Obviously my arm will take a few days to heal,"
"I think you mean weeks," Virgil corrected him.

Roman smiled excitedly,
"That's the best part! It's not broken, just a sprain!"
Virgil, Patton, Emma's and Dr. Oaker's mouths fell open.
"I have indeed checked his arm, I must've made a mistake before, it is indeed a sprain," Dr. Oaker explained.

Virgil gave a questioning look towards Logan.

Dr. Oaker and Emma left, leaving Virgil, Patton, Roman and Logan.
"What an amazing recovery, Roman,"
"It was amazing! I've never seen a wizard in action before!"
Patton and Virgil's mouths hung open, their eyes immediately shooting to Logan.
"He knows by the way," he said as if meant nothing.
"He knows!" Patton squealed excitedly.
"Logan, you told him?"
"Are you crazy? Of course I didn't. He found out on his own,"

The four conversed over Roman finding out for a while before Patton decided to go out to celebrate because - in Patton's opinion - it was a great time to enjoy that there was no more secrecy and no more lies.

Though there will still much the four had to learn. They just didn't know it yet. There were many questions that required answers: and many answers leading to more questions.

Aaaaaand that's another chapter done! I hope you guys liked it, I'm sorry these are getting a bit short but I have big plans for the future for this so let's hope they're met. As always,

Peace Out Homesickles!