26. The goodbyes.

9:22am,
the Coker's Estate

After her breakfast with Tiara, Simi went back upstairs to the guest room where she'd been to check again if she didn't forget any of her things but the room was now clear out like the first day she came two weeks ago and her bags were already arranged somewhere by the door.

She sat by the edge of the bed and looked around the space for the last time musing over everything that happened throughout her stay here. She didn't see any of it coming and now who would have thought leaving the Cokers would feel this hard and intense? Not her. Simi was never the kind that attached herself to people or things so it had always been easy walking away and letting go. It was one of her survival skills. It had always been easy for her to just disappear and move on but... not this time around. This time she had gotten attached to someone, to Adam and walking away wasn't going to be as easy.

Two weeks ago, all she wanted so bad was to get away from her life of routines and the people she was used to, but nothing too crazy though. She just yearned for something different from the everyday life in Abuja and it's only fair to say that was exactly what she got when she somehow ended up in Tiara's house, but with an interesting twist to it. Falling for someone was not in the plan, was never in the plan because Simi never gave herself a chance to, for reasons only known to her, a story for another day but that was what she did hands down. She fell for a man like Adam, a bright young man but who lived in a world of gloom. She knew he was scared, lonely, and broken, she could feel his anger too but she wanted him that way. Her feelings about him was different and malefic, beyond just the physical attraction but again in her life, she had fallen for something that would not last.

Her first love died a brutal death a while ago for another girl even before she could tell him how she felt and here she was again falling for a man who belonged to another, who had his own life to get back to. He didn't say it but she knew that going back to his son meant going back to his ex-wife so there would never had been a space for her, it was just mere fantasy. A spontaneous tear rolled down one cheek and when she wiped it off, a knock came through. Tiara must have come back to check on her and before she could say anything or stand up to get the door, Adam traipsed in.

Simi was absolutely stunned and she immediately wiped off another tear that dropped when she stood up.

"Are you okay?" He walked faster towards her when he sensed her dolor and his face screwed up.

"Yes yes I am." Another tear dropped.

"Are you crying Simi? Why are you crying?"

"I'm not." She denied it with the back of her palm to her face.

He moved closer to her but she stepped away, "Simi... "

"I'm going to miss you Adam. I'm going to and I don't know how to handle it. I know I'm definitely going to figure it out I know but shit... I don't want to." She gushed.

"Hey... You think I'm not going to miss you too? You think it's not driving me crazy too? I mean... just when I think I'm beginning to get you you're about to disappear. That's driving me nuts and I wish as hell that I could do something about it. Wait... you don't believe me do you?"

"I don't because if you do you wouldn't have been so curt to me all morning acting like I'm invisible. Why are you doing that? So maybe you're not going to miss me. Maybe you would but it'd only be for a minute. You're going to go back to your New York, your son and your wife. You have your whole life waiting for you there and I'm just going to be that 'two weeks' girl that made it into your 'story'. " She air-quoted. "I feel so stupid."

"She's not my wife. And why on earth will you say stuff like this ?" He inched closer to her. "You're not stupid. In fact I think you're the smartest woman I've met. You have big dreams and you're working hard to get it. You can't be that girl I remember once in awhile. You know that's impossible,