15. The very familiar mellow voice.

7:55pm,
The Cokers Estate.

THE
skies were changing color. The cocktail blue shade was already darkening into gravel gray, the weather was breezy, blowing curtains and the evening was getting colder promising a heavy rain as usual. It was the time of the year. Tiara had just returned from her shop not too long and was about to narrate to Simi how long and tedious her day had been and how exhausted she was too while the latter cooked dinner. She brought out her jar of homemade alcohol-free champagne with a glass because she had to 'boost up her electrolytes' and perched on the long stool which was originally Simi's position by the kitchen door close to the counter. Simi who had noticed her different look commented her new hairdo saying it was 'very chic and clean' as she fried the chunks of fish and pepper she had bought from the market.

Tiara began her narration with how she had to go to her tailor first thing in the morning to get her dress and owambe natives for Todun's traditional and white wedding as promised but unfortunately, they were still in the making and the wedding was just in two days. You wouldn't understand this if you've never met a Nigerian tailor.

Anyway, she (the tailor) excused herself, apologized, told Tiara to come back the following morning as early as possible and promised again that all her dresses would be ready by then. She even added that she would work all night if she had to.

Disappointed and upset, she left irately and from there she headed to the salon to get her hair and nails done which lasted about three to four hours before she was able to resume at her own shop, something about two in the afternoon. It was a good day there and everything was in order, business was going good, all her sales attendants were present and behaving themselves, so in two and half hours, she confidently uped and went to Aleshinloye market to pick her matching shoes and purse that she had ordered some weeks before and some other things Todun's mother had sent her before she drove to Todun's house to help in packing her boxes and prepare for the bachelorette party which was just the following day.

"That was one hell of a day! You should shower and get into something warmer. And maybe get some rest too." Or just light a joint.

"Rest? I can't rest until the wedding is over."

Simi snickered. "Why's that? It's not even your wedding. Why does it have to be so stressful?"

"Don't you get it? It's a huuuuge one and it has to be all that. A lot of people are going to be there and it just has to be top notch, no unnecessary flaws. You know... the perfect wedding party."

"I guess." Simi mentally shrugged as she poured the onions she had just cut into the sizzling oil. She hadn't really mused over the thought of weddings or even gone to one of late so she didn't have much to say about it. Still, she thought too much emphasis was laid on weddings than the actual idea of marriage itself but that was her unpopular opinion.

"So...how did it go? My mum said Adam drove you guys to the market. He's finally waking up. I hope he didn't bore you with his stiff mood."

Simi smiled, shaking her head. "He's not that bad. He was quite helpful and he asked about my music, you know basic stuff."

"That's a miracle then cause the Adam I used to know, he never went to the market, he'd rather find a more strenuous chore to do so you don't even suggest the idea to him, how he agreed to follow you still amazes me."

"Well, they say people change, right?"

Tiara huffed. "Adam is many things but people, trust me. Don't let him deceive you with this charm, my brother is a freaking enigma, always has been. At least that was one thing he and Sam had in common. (She paused.) Or ...maybe he just likes you." She teased and Simi shot Tiara an instant look,