1. The city of brown roofs.

Sam's hostel,
7:23pm

(THROWBACK TO 10 YEARS AGO)

The wind howled relentlessly outside the eastern wing of the boys' hostel. In one room, the thumping beats of 2Pac's "Menace 2 Society" played in the background. Sam sat in the corner, aimlessly tossing paper balls from his animation sketch pad into a basket, bopping his head to the hardcore music; while his twin brother, Adam was in the kitchen, having a hard time frying yams and eggs for their dinner.

Just as Sam's aim grew more accurate, a sudden knock at the door startled them both. Adam, wiping his hands on an apron, swiftly headed to the door, surprised that someone was visiting at this hour, under this stormy weather, especially given Sam's introverted nature. In the dim light, the visitor's attire and cap left Adam puzzled about their gender.

"Hello," he greeted cautiously.

"Hey, um, is he home?" The visitor's voice gave away her identity, though her appearance was misleadingly androgynous with three-quarter pants and an oversized hoodie, not to mention the cap.

Before Adam could respond, Sam pushed him aside and took control of the situation, which piqued Adam's curiosity. His twin brother wasn't known for having any friends, that visited him.

Sam closed the door behind him and spoke in a hushed, irritated tone, "Why are you here now? I said I was going to text you."

Adam strained to eavesdrop on their conversation, though their words were barely audible.

"Hello to you too. I didn't get your text, and those guys couldn't wait," she replied in a flat tone.

Sam lowered his voice further, "Do you have it here?"

"Yes," she murmured, slipping her hand into the hoodie's pocket.

Sam quickly interjected, "No, don't bring it out here. You know what, let me grab a jacket, and we'll go now, hopefully we get there before it starts to rain."

The tomboyish visitor shrugged nonchalantly. "Whatever."

Sam opened the door and returned to his brother, who was eagerly awaiting an explanation.

Adam couldn't help but ask, "Who's that? Is that your girlfriend?"

Sam chuckled nervously, dismissing the idea. "Don't be silly. She's from my class. We have a tutorial together tonight. I'll be back, don't wait up."

"But I'm cooking dinner because you said you were hungry."

"I'll be back soon."

With that, Sam grabbed Adam's jacket hanging on the wardrobe and left his brother behind, his mind buzzing with questions.

*PRESENT DAY, FEBRUARY 2025*

01:44am,
MMA II, Lagos.

"Mr. Adam, the plane just landed." A tap from the beautiful hostess in green uniform and bright smile jeered him back from dreamworld to real world.

6:11am,
Golden Maison Hotels.

The continuous ringing of his phone took him back to the table in the corner of the room where his items laid.