2. The way to a man's heart.

9:44pm,
the Cokers' Estate.

Tiara came back into the dining room carefully bearing a tray of dishes that she had specially and joyfully made for her brother and set it in front of them before she pulled out a seat for herself and joined in for dinner, a wide grin all over her face.

Adam who had waited expectantly for the food first poured himself a glass of juice and guzzled it before appreciating and diving into the delightful plates that his sister placed in front of him; hot semo and egusi soup richly decorated with different kinds of fish, meat and  orisiiriisi then a spontaneous smile played on his lips. The sight and savory aroma didn't only make his heart dance for joy and his stomach in anticipation but also brought back pleasant memories of his childhood when their mother would call them out for dinner during the rainy cold evenings. Even he couldn't remember the last time he had such sumptuous homely meal.

"This looks amazing Tee," he beamed as he rolled his sleeves to wash his hands in the basin.

"Wait till you taste it. Olowo sibi ma ni Tiara*. She's an amazing cook now. Her jollof rice is over the top," their mother, Feyi chimed in from across the dining table.

Adam winked at his sister who was sitting next to him and they all giggled. He carved out a morsel of semo and dipped it in the soup, been long he did that. As he tasted it, he didn't only feel the goodness but the home in it. It was undoubtedly the best he had had in years and he was glad once again for coming home.

Pizza, especially the New York-style pizza, which was his favorite, bagels, sandwiches, take out soups or fine dining and all sorts of street food were all he had back in New York, Dominos being his favorite spot. He only treated himself to indigenous meals once in a while when he was feeling too giddy but none of them gave him the natural feel as this one he was having at the moment.

As the dinner went on, they began to talk about a lot of things that a night wouldn't suffice. First it was about their cousin Ibukun who travelled to Dubai a while ago for a job opportunity but found out later that it was a scam because her passport was seized and she was forced to work illegally 2-4-7 in a restaurant. Their mother added that "it was only God that made a way of escape for her after working in debts for six months." Long story. Tiara didn't also stop talking about how Adam had grown so well and how he was now more handsome in person than his photos or video calls, how she couldn't wait to introduce him to all her friends. He stopped her right there.

"Whoa whoa... please, I beg you Tee, don't do exactly that. I'm only here for a little while and I'm trying to keep a low profile. I don't want no drama with these Nigerian girls. I've heard a lot of crazy things about you lots, no offence. I'll meet your friends later but not now. Y'all be too desperate and I'm a fucking prize." Because he looked serious and not serious at the same time, they just laughed it off while they finished their dinner.

Truly, Adam had grown to be a striking young man. In his late twenties, he had the physique and aura that commanded attention, the African heritage that showed in his features and body type. His skin, a rich, glossy light brown, had a subtle hint of hairiness. His black, curly hair was impeccably trimmed, framing his face with a sleek, polished look with beards fitly trimmed, and deep-set chestnut eyes that were tender and cold at the same time.

His frame was impressive, suggesting a dedicated fitness regimen. His arms were strong, his thighs and calves well-defined, and his chest firm and solid. Adam's appearance was arresting, capable of stopping anyone in their tracks.

Without wasting time, his mother began to remind him that he was not getting any younger and wanted grandchildren before she passed on.

"Maami you're not going to die. You're still very young and you're going to see all your grandchildren and great grandchildren. I beg of you, stop talking about death. When the time is right I'll introduce you to my wife —"