18. The other night.

5:15pm,
Todun's house.

A
man easily in his late 50's pushed the gates open and Adam zoomed into the wide compound finding himself a spot to park his mum's car in the garage amongst the other vehicles that already filled the space. Preparations for Todun's wedding party had started; sets of chairs and tables had been stacked on one side under the garage and some women were offloading a small truck that carried the bags of rice, pepper, large pots, coolers and some other cooking things. Those were for the engagement party the following morning and a merry aura was very overt in the place.

Simi was the first to descend from the car and she checked herself once again through the car window, still not sure if she was rightly dressed for the occasion. Maybe too short?

"You look okay. You'll be fine." She looked up to find him observing her and a giant knot instantly formed in her belly but for what it was worth Adam's voice soothed her so she smiled.

"Thank you." They turned and walked into the house side by side, almost like couples and bypassing the busy people in the corridor. Entering into the living room, they first walked into Tari, Todun's brother.

"Oh man! Look who we have here!" Tari, few inches taller than Adam, exclaimed when he surprisingly saw him walk amply into their house accompanied by this gracefully petite lady.

"I didn't think I'd meet you here today. How are you?" Adam extended his hand and he took it.

"I'm fine bro. I'm not supposed to be here. I was just stepping out. The ladies don't want me around because it's a strictly ladies stuff. Imagine." The trio chuckled.

"That's funny. Came to drop Simi too. Ooops! don't mind my bad manners. Simi this is Tari, the bride-to-be's brother, and er.. Tari this is Simi, my sister's friend."

"Oh nice." His eyelids drooped and he smiled as he stretched his hand to take her small one and she smiled coyly.

"It's nice to meet you. And..... congratulations to your family."

"Thanks dear," He released her hand and faced Adam. "I'm just off to run some errands and chill at the groom's side, we have a small thing too. Or you wanna come?"

"No man, I have to be somewhere now."

"No qualms. But you'll be here tomorrow bah?"

"Definitely."

Tari grinned and faced Simi again. "I hope I'll be seeing you tomorrow at the party too."

She looked briefly at Adam who held his brows together and back at him.

"Um sure."

"Nice. It's nice to meet you Simi. See you later too bro." He patted Adams shoulder and left the building.

Simultaneously, they both swiveled around to the sound of people coming into the house from outside which turned out to be Tiara with Desuwa following behind her. When Adam sighted his sister, he hugged her.

"You look tensed. Are you okay?" He asked noticing her down look.

Tiara huffed as she sluggishly gave in to his hug still feeling all sort of way about everything; him, Desuwa and even the wedding.

"I'm okay." She lied.

When Desuwa entered into the room wheeling her box behind her, Adam spotted her, his eyes blinked and taken aback too, she stared back at him. He instinctively released the hug and Tiara went to Simi. "I love love love your dress. I'm stealing it." The two ladies smiled and exchanged a repartee before they noticed the situation between Adam and Desuwa.