3. The 'not' girl-in-red kind.

5:34pm,
D'Hôtel Royale,
Ibadan. 

Everything was in place for the ceremony, or almost everything. The ballroom had been meticulously decorated to fulfill its purpose that evening. Everyone involved was on their toes, ensuring that everything was up to par for Mr. Bode. Mistakes and errors were not tolerated and were dealt with strictly. It was clear that everyone had to bring their A-game.

For Simi, it was a clash of emotions. On one hand, she felt elated that Ada had managed to get in touch with Sparrow, a hood guy known for his high-grade merchandise. But on the other hand, she felt flustered because Ada had convinced her to wear a red skirt for the occasion, despite her preference for something more comfortable and hippie-like—a big shirt, boyfriend jeans, boots, and a hat. She wasn't the girl-in-red kind of person, but Ada, being the manager, always knew better. Besides, Ada assured her that this wasn't the regular girl-in-red look—it was something special.

***

It was the loud buzz of his phone that made him up from the sofa where he laid naked, almost, remote in one hand watching his favorite show, Impractical Jokers on Sony Max. His mother was out with her sister, Dunni, whose son was said to have impregnated a girl in his school for a meeting with the university counseling team as scheduled and Tiara, his sister was at her shop in Jericho Mall where she sold interior decorations and appliances.

Home alone and free, he wandered around in his black Tommy Hilfiger briefs, feeling comfortable and confident. His briefs hugged his body, accentuating his physique, including his well-endowed manhood and his toned, round buttocks, which even had cute dimples. Sweet Moses indeed!

With a leisurely stride, he made his way to the kitchen, where he helped himself to one of the generous pieces of fried chicken his thoughtful sister had prepared earlier that morning, savouring it's crispy goodness. Washing it down with a tall glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, he grabbed his phone and returned to the comfort of the living room, ready to enjoy some well-deserved relaxation.

Making himself comfortable on the sofa, his eyebrows drew together when he reached for his iPhone and saw a new message notification on Hangouts from his friend Dylan. Dylan Moore, his best friend and colleague at work, a white guy with long blond hair, pointy nose m from Kansas City.

He clicked on the app and opened the message.

- Hey bud. How's Nigeria?

A smile tugged at his lips as he dropped his glass of juice on the ottoman and let his ten fingers fly across the keypad.

He replied,

- Dee, I'm so sorry I haven't texted or called you. Nigeria is good.
- What's up?

- Nah it's fine. I understand how home can be.
-how's it over there?
-yeah I'm good. You good?

- I am too. It's homey and relaxing here.
- I missed home and here brings back good memories.

- That's good. How's your mother?
- She good too?

- She's good. She's with her sister.

- hmm... talking about sisters. how's yours?
-You told her about me already?
-Don't do me like this pal. 💔