24. The sky is wide enough for two birds to fly without their wings touching.

10:05pm,
the Coker's Estate

"We're here." Adam turned off the ignition of the car after Ali opened the gate and he parked next to Tiaras' in the lot, feeling light and satisfied for the night.

He faced Simi and his brows immediately cringed when he noticed the change in her mien and how she was quiet all of a sudden.

"You seem quiet. What's the problem?" He asked her.

"It's nothing. Adam, I need to tell you something."

The tone of her voice sounded a bit serious so he shifted himself in the driver's seat where he sat to face her and his gaze became focused.

"Okay? What's up?"

"I'm leaving for Abuja tomorrow. My flight is by noon." She told him.

"What? You're leaving?" He pulled his brows together in a frown.

"Yes. I need to attend to things, important things, rehearsals, sessions, meetings and interviews that have been fixed already. You know, I need to go back to my life."

Adam turned away to sit straight and stared at the lawn that was ahead of them before he said anything.

"That's fine. You're right, you should go back to your life. Let's go inside. I need to shower. It was nice hanging out with you tonight Simi, I enjoyed every minute of it."

"Er yeah me too. Thanks."

"Sure."

He reached for his iPhone in the pigeon hole and unlocked the car.

"I'll see you inside." Then he alighted and strode into the house. Simi still sat there, disappointed at his response like she expected more. She expected him to say more or be disappointed at least but his reaction was so deadpan, so empty, not an ounce to give, not a hint of understanding.

She rested her head on the head rest for seconds before she decided to go into the house. She unbuckled her shoes and walked into the house with her feet bare. When she entered, Adam was disappearing into the hallway upstairs and Tiara stood with her lips gaped and her arms at akimbo by the staircase watching him walk away. The display was too perturbing for Simi.

"Tiara, what's going on?"

"I don't know. That's what I'm asking him. Why his face is like that? What happened at your outing?" Tiara came back to the sofa where she was initially seated before Adam stumped infuriatedly into the living room.

Simi walked towards a chair, "Nothing happened. We were good. Oh! -" She figured it out.

"What?" Tiara too was curious.

"I just told him I was leaving tomorrow."

"You're kidding me. That's why his face was like thunder. Oga o! Why didn't you too tell him before? Hope you enjoyed yourself though?" She sat and the shorts she was on showed her stainless thighs and legs too well when she crossed her legs.

"Yeah it was really nice. Bode was there, we ate, mostly talked, and there was this really cool life music too."

"Hmm dope ... What did you guys talk about?" Tiara ran her hand through her hair as she became more inquisitive.

"A lot. His life, my life, past... You know things like that."

"He told you all...that?" Her eyes darted a bit.

"Yeah.. "

"Babe, what did you do to get all that from him? 'Cos he never tells me or Mummy anything."