22. The hell is going on here?

7:19pm,
Tari's apartment

"Yes?"

"Simi, is that you? Finally."

"Yup." She retorted popping the 'p' and rolling her eyes, still angry at him.

"Thank goodness. I've called you like a thousand times I keep hearing your voice message. Are you ignoring me?" It was almost like there was no one on the other end of the phone so he continued, "You're not home yet and it's almost night, where are you?"

"Why have you been calling me?"

"Simi, can you come home? We need to talk."

"You don't need to talk to me. You already made that clear."

"I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean any of it I swear and I feel like I owe you an explanation."

"An explanation? Or the truth?"

"Isn't that like the same thing?" Tari blabbed next to her on the sofa, loud enough for Adam to hear on the other side.

"Who's that? Where are you Simi?"

"I'm at a friend's place and besides you're the one who owes me an explanation not me to you."

"Okay. Please just come home and I'll explain. I really need to talk to you."

She took a full breath before she replied, her voice calmer now than before. "Yeah...sure."

Simi clicked a button on her phone before dropping it on the glass table in front of them. Somehow, the anger she felt had lost some weight and it was the smooth tune in his voice that did it. That was the Adam she knew, the one she was now helplessly flipping over. It was all too hard to wrap her head around, how he could just switch like that... in a blink. Sigh. She just wanted to go back home now, end all the drama already and out of impulse,  she had called Ada, her manager about an hour ago to book her a flight back to Abuja as soon as she can.

"How do you feel? Do you want to see him?" Tari interjected the flow of her thoughts with his question and she picked up the tray again. He must have read through her mind because that was exactly what she was thinking about - how she really felt about it and if seeing him was a good idea, even though deep down that was all she wanted. She really wanted to see him again, she had questions for him. She needed to know and understand why he switched like that.

"I don't know."

"Don't you think you're being too dramatic babe? If he has some explaining to do, you should listen to him. It's obvious you guys like each other." Ayo, Tari's free-spirited girlfriend joined in the conversation with a high pitch as she returned into the room from the kitchen with a tray of cold orange juice for them.

"Shey?"

"For real girl, the guy likes you and you like him too. He might be psycho like you guys have been saying since morning which is crazy, but isn't that the more reason you should talk to him? If this is right, he might be going through a lot, maybe more than we can imagine. He's not a kid, neither are you. You don't think this is some sort of karma?"

"Karma?" Simi smirked. What does that even have to do with anything?

"Baby, where's that remote? Don't tell me you dropped it in the ki..."

"It's in the kitchen. Sorry." AY, as most people called her breathed out her irritation and rolled her eyes at him, in a funny way though then disappeared to reappear with the Tv remote.

"Do you think I should go see him?" Simi faced Tari again, still seeking validation.

"I hate to concur but yeah sure. She's right. Listen to what he has to say at least. Find out what the problem is if truly there's one at all. What do you have to lose? You already said you're going back to ABJ, to your normal rockstar world so I think why not? I'd enjoy this cruise if I were you."