11. The show is on.

7:54pm,
the Coker's Estate.

THE
sun was down and the cloud was already gathering up, like it would rain. Simi had returned into her room few hours ago before the Cokers came back from visiting the Adenijis except for Adam who didn't return with them. From her room, she heard the gate open and Ali's funny "Welcome oh, welcome Aunty, welcome Madam. Yes ma."

As Tiara drove into the compound, she tried to scribble down some things into her notepad with her ears plugged. It was her thing, being solo, listening to music and scribbling down her thoughts after a good smoking session, thoughts that sometimes became songs. Minutes later, she stepped out of the bed, washed up her face, got herself into an oversized roundneck and shorts and came downstairs to find Tiara already in the kitchen with the Houseboy about to make dinner.

"Hey babe, thought you'd be sleeping. Didn't wanna wake you." Tiara first greeted in a courteous manner when she noticed her come in and Simi smiled, advancing into the kitchen to join her, exchanging greetings with the houseboy who just offloaded the car.

"I heard you drive in. Where's Mummy?"

"You know her, she's gone up to pray and rest. She'll be down soon when food is ready."

"Oh right. And the family you visited? How's the wedding preparations going?" Simi continued to ask.

"It's fantastic. Did I tell you I'm the chief bridesmaid?"

"Yeah yeah I think so. That's really good. I've never been one but I guess it sounds interesting." Simi said in the most casual tone but with no sense of interest whatsoever in things like that.

"This is my third time, can you imagine? It's interesting but girl, it can be stressful too. I still have to run some errands for Todun tomorrow and head over to her house to help her mum wrap and pack the wedding souvenirs and some boxes too and I'm yet to get my dresses from the tailor. It's really crazy babe."

"It is. But its not your first time so I'm sure you can handle it."

"I hope so."

Simi hummed as she mentally looked around for any sign of Adam, but nothing. Maybe he'd gone up into his room, she thought.

Tiara brought out the bag of meat from the bigger bag she had brought from the market, poured it into a huge bowl and turned the tap. As she started to wash she faced Simi,

"Are you okay? You know with you being in the house alone. It gets very quiet and boring here sometimes."

Simi chortled, "It's not that bad. I kept Ali's company today."

Tiara instinctively turned around to Simi and her eyes opened in quiet surprise, "What? Ali? Are you kidding?" She laughed and Simi chuckled.

"What? He's an interesting company. I like him."

Tiara laughed again. "True. But you should go out. There's more to Ibadan than this small estate. Or even Ali," She teased. "Maybe tomorrow, I can ask Adam to take you out, if he's home. There's a lot of places you'd find interesting."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. Or you don't want that?"

"No no ... it's ... I'm definitely okay with that." She lied, she wasn't okay with that even though it was an amazing idea, something she'd want to look forward to. But the mention of his name alone had sent some kind of mild frisson through her body and she didn't even want to start imagining what going out with him would do to her.

Simi rested against the counter as she mused and watched Tiara pour the pieces of beef into a pot, sprinkle some salt, and onions  and give other instructions to the Houseboy who just nodded his head in concurrence.