Chapter 5 His Psyche

"The art of reading is to skip judiciously."

-Alexander Hamilton

__________
Philip
_________

After dinner mother was in the kitchen reading a letter. At first, I didn't think a thing about it, till the envelope with a red waxed seal. I went to look at it. It was the Hamill's family crest.

(For the ones who care)

My first thought was, why would the Hamill brothers write mother?

I went upstairs, Angie was sitting on her bed reading a letter as well.

"Why Are did the Hamill brothers write to you," I asked her.

"They didn't." She said with a giggle as she kept reading.

"Then who is it from?" I asked.

"I'm not telling you! You destroyed my room looking for the paper Y/N gave me!" She said, sticking her tongue out. "Admit it, you like her." She said, taunting me.

"What I-I," I said trying my best to find the words.

"See you really like her, you really really like her." She said singing as she jumped around her room. "But don't worry, I would love her too by my sister-in-law so I'll help ya out." She said sitting back down.

"R-really?!?" I said.

"Sure, but if you cheat like father, I'll kill you myself." She said. "And your still not getting her address." She said reading the letter once more.

"Why?" I whined, "You just said you would help me."

"Because I promised I wouldn't. And I like watching you look for the letters and wish they were for you." She said with a giggle.

"Fine miss giggles Queen!" I said with a dramatic hand movement. "Night Angie," I said, slowly shutting the door.

"Night Philip. I more thing." She said.

"Yes?" I said, sticking my head back into the room.

"Don't be a workaholic like Dad. Y/N deserves better than that, make time for her." She said making eye contact with me.

"I promise. I will do whatever it takes to make you see how much I like Y/N." I said.

"Enough to say you love her?" She asked with a curious look across her young face.