Chapter 36: The Devil Wears Suits

After we finished laughing, we sat in silence for a few moments, both of us most likely taking it all in. It felt strange. Just a short time before, Alexandra barely gave me a second glance, but at that moment she was like an angel dressed in scarlet. She was my comfort when all I wanted to do was break down. Even if she didn't see it, she was a lot better at helping me than she gave herself credit for. She was a good person.

Just as the silence settled around us, her cell phone began to chime, pulling us both to it. She scanned the screen and announced, "It's Jean."

I perked up at that. "Jean? What does he want?"

"When I caught a glimpse of the pictures, I texted him," she answered.

My eyes widened. "You told him? Why'd you tell him?"

"Because he's the ADA President and he needs to know if any members cause trouble," she replied. "Plus...after last time, he deserves to know he was right about Kellen. So, I'm gonna go take this. You stay here."

"Okay," I nodded.

She eyed me quickly before getting up. She walked out into the hall, leaving the door open. I heard her answer the call, but after that, she migrated out of earshot. I could only assume she and Jean had a lot to discuss, but that concerned me.

Jean was being dragged into my problem. And given his and Kellen's complicated history, I did not want anything to happen. I was afraid he'd do something stupid like get into a physical altercation with Kellen and I couldn't have that. I refused to have that. I didn't want him getting in trouble for my stupidity. That was my problem to deal with and no one else's.

I didn't know what I had planned, but I couldn't let anything happen. I had to stand up for myself and deal with Kellen on my own. So, I stood up and quietly shuffled to the door, peeking through it. I didn't see Alexandra anywhere, but that didn't mean she was far, so I had to act quickly. I hurried out of the room and managed to find the staircase Alexandra had taken me up, sneaking down it. The steps creaked and moaned beneath me, but I didn't care. I wanted to find Kellen before Jean.

I managed to find my way back to the main area. As expected, the Ball was beginning to morph from the formal it had previously been into something that suited the college crowd. There was pulsing music that reverberated through the speakers, the base practically vibrating against my chest as the attendees began to let loose. Girls were beginning the traditional act of throwing themselves at the guys, all laughing and having a grand time. They were all lost in their own worlds of rampant hormones and booze. Worlds I did not want to involve myself with.

Ignoring what the Ball was becoming, I began scanning the mob of horny young adults in search of Kellen, my heart racing against my ribs. To be honest, not only was I devastated by his actions, but I was also livid. I was so angry that he would do something like that -that he would betray my trust so easily. It made me question everything he had ever said to me. Was he really that sweet guy I had met or was he a monster? I was starting to lean towards the latter.

Where the hell is he? I wondered, skimming the sea of faces until my eyes landed on one I recognized. Kellen was making his way through the crowd, his azure stare searching the mass as he towed two glasses of champagne. He was glancing around, his eyes bouncing from face to face until he landed on me, a smile lifting the corners of his lips.

He squeezed through the cluster of bodies and reached me, grinning, "Hello, m'lady. I got you a glass of champagne."

He passed me the glass and I stared down at it. Thoughts began to swirl through my brain at warp speed. If the rumors were true and he had no problem taking pictures of me without my consent, was it possible he had no morals against spiking my drink? I didn't want to think that way, but I couldn't help it. So much had been revealed to me in a short period of time. At that moment, as far as I was concerned, he was more that capable of doing such a twisted thing.

"Is there anything in this drink?" I questioned, bringing my stare to his.

He lifted a brow, laughing, "What? What are you talking about?"

I fiddled with the glass. "You heard me. Is there anything in this drink?"

"Are you really asking that?" he questioned, cocking a brow. "Little insensitive don't you think?"

Part of me wanted to agree, but it was a short-lived moment. In the end, there was too much stacked against him. The girl from before...the tapes...the pictures...Jean's warning. Too much evidence told me not to cave...not again. I needed to stand my ground and that was all there was to it.

I brought my eyes directly to his and swallowed, "I find it funny that you say that when you're the one who has done some shady shit."

Both his brows shot up. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me," I snapped. "What's all this about sex tapes and nudes?"

"Is that what you're talking about?" he chuckled. "Those are all old news. I made those all with ex-girlfriends of mine. They were all consensual and are unimportant."

"Unimportant?" I repeated. "What about the girl from a year ago? Huh? From what I heard she never consented to that."

What I saw I did not expect to see. A tint of darkness slivered across his features, tainting his appearance. His dark blue stare suddenly became masked by such an intense malice that it sent shivers down my spine, my breath hitching in my throat. I could feel my body freeze, nothing but my knees wobbling beneath my weight. For the first time since I met him, I was drowning in terror from his presence.

"Are you accusing me of something?" he asked, his tone low and dark as he took a step closer to me. "Because it sounds like you are, m'lady. Surely, you're smart enough to not buy into that bull. I always thought of you as intelligent." He brushed his fingertips down one of my bare arms, breathing in my ear, "Are you jealous, though? Is that it? Are you wishing I had filmed us together? Did you want to hear how you moaned? Hmm? Is that what you want? Because I can do that. I can make you a little star."

My blood ran cold. I didn't know what to do, but I knew I couldn't move. I was paralyzed and glued to where I stood, a sickening feeling knotting my stomach. I felt like I would throw up at any moment, so I kept my mouth shut. I fought back the urge to upchuck all over him while also keeping the tears at bay. I didn't want to believe what I was hearing. Was he saying he could make a porn star out of me? Was that it?

"Speechless?" he chuckled darkly, his hand migrating to my side. "You should just say yes. I'm sure you'd be a natural at it. You already have the looks for it."

I wanted to say something -I wanted to push him away and run. I wanted to run and run and run far, far away from there. I just wanted to go, but my legs refused to budge. I was frozen to that spot, my body only able to tremble. The Kellen before me was the Kellen I was warned about. The real Kellen Haas was not the sweet and polite image I thought I knew. No, he was wicked.

"You're very beautiful, Y/N," he continued, his hand creeping lower. "I would just love to film with you. I'd love to add you to my collection.

Thump, thump. Thump, thump. Thump, thump.

I couldn't get away, but I wanted to. I wanted to so badly. As his hand slid closer and closer to my intimate region, all I wanted was to get away from him, but I couldn't. I was a deer in headlights who was slowly accepting what was happening. I squeezed my eyes shut, a tear rolling down my cheek. Right as Kellen was about to grab me, I heard yelling.

And everything became muffled.

**Ello my sweet lovelies! So, it's not a direct confession, but I'd say Kellen's response and behavior is pretty incriminating. Do you agree? Please remember that I do not condone or agree with any such behavior. Keep being kind to each other. Thank you so much for everything! Y'all are awesome sauce! Wuv yous!! <3**

-Noel Ross