Prologue

"You came!"

"Look! I got a trophy! See? Look how shiny it is!"

"Come on. We're gonna be late for church."

"Look at the birdies! They fly so high! Do you think I'll be able to fly like that one day? I wanna be a bird."

"My hero is my dad because he is big and strong and kind. I love my dad."

"Dad...I heard you and Mom fighting last night. Are you mad at Mommy?"

"Aren't you coming to church with us, Dad?"

"Hold on. I'm looking to see if my dad's here. Do you see him anywhere?"

"Mommy. Mommy, isn't Dad coming with us?"

"Where's Dad? Is work holding him?"

"When's Dad coming home, Mommy?"

"Dad, why are you taking a bag with you? Are you going to a sleepover?

"A divorce? What's a divorce?"

"Dad, why do you need to leave? Can't you and Mom make up? Can't you fix it all?"

"Is it my fault? Am I why you two are breaking up? If I am a good girl, will you and Mommy stay married?"

"Why doesn't Dad come to my games anymore? And why doesn't he call as often?"

"I haven't heard from him in so long. What's he even doing?"

"Oh, it's YF/N. Long time, no see."

"I don't hate you, Dad. I just...it's just been a long time since I've seen you. Hell, when was the last time I even heard from you?"

"I can forgive you, but I'm not the same little girl you last saw."

"I love you, Dad."

I went through hell worrying and wondering about you as a kid. I grew up barely knowing you. I always had to explain to the other kids why you weren't there. I resented you...I even hated you at one point. I never wanted to see you again, but I grew past that. I've been confused and hurt by you, but I looked past that. I matured and grew. So, I knew you couldn't just leave that time. No way in hell.

That was going to be my call.

**Bello my lovelies! I hope y'all enjoyed that little installment. The third book is officially off on start. Can't wait to see where it goes! Thank you so much for everything! You guys are incredible! Wuv yous!! <3**

-Noel Ross

P.S. Hope y'all stay safe tonight and have a happy New Years! :)